He steps aside and acknowledges the guy behind him. "Please, go first."

I raise my eyebrows at his gesture but decide to ignore it and serve all the drinks to the people first before I shoo him away.

A stereotypical blond girl around my age take the vodka I give her and turns to that arrogant jerk. "Hey there." she whisper seductively, reaching out and runs her hand down his arm.

He's got a full-blown wide grin etched on his face. "Hello there, gorgeous. What can I get you?"

"Mm, let me see." she sips her drink and puts it down on the counter. I debate whether I should take it away. I bet she wouldn't even notice. She pushes herself up to him and leans in close and whispers something I can't quite catch.

I look away, feeling that familiar clench in my heart. I get it whenever I see mushy scenes, which is why I hardly ever go to movies anymore. I can't stand it.

Blondie's probably telling him they should go upstairs and do God-knows-what. I shudder just by thinking about it.

With relief, I notice a dark stain on the counter so I grab a dry cloth and start cleaning it up, concentrating on it like it's my life line, trying to block out the whispers and murmurs.

It stops after a few more seconds and I look up.

Just like I thought. She didn't even take her drink. What a waste.

"What do you want?" I mutter.

"Jealous?" he waggles his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm so jealous I think I'm gonna have to beg on my knees to have you take me upstairs and fuck me. No thanks. I have other things to do than that."

He props his elbows on the counter and stares into my eyes. His grey blue orbs stuns me for a moment.

My God, those are the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. I feel like I'm staring into an ocean that stretches on a - 

"Finished staring?" his egotistical voice brings me back to reality.

"Psh, like I would stare at someone like you. But, you have pretty eyes." I add, smiling a bit, unable to help myself.

"Thank you, but I know that. All girls tell me that." he replies with an air of confidence.

"Are you always like this?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Like what?"

"Acting like a...I don't know," I make gestures with my hand, leaving the cloth on the counter. "Some sort of extremely cocky ass."

"Ah, a compliment like no other."

I give him a look. "It was an insult."

"I'll take it as a compliment."

I just shake my head. "Why did you let everybody get their drinks before you?"

"Oh, maybe because I'm famous for being chivalrous."

"And there you go again. What do you want to drink anyways? Leave me alone."

"I don't drink."

I raise my eyebrow at him, momentarily surprised. "Then why are you here?"

"I want to talk to you."

"Well, go back to your buddies."

"Jake brought me here because that dickhead thinks I need to get a life, but he's disappeared a while ago." he looks around the club. "Don't see him anywhere anymore."