Chapter 25

Chapter 25

(Cutie Myles...Love him)

Luis

*A/N- This is the end but not, there will be an epilogue to follow this chapter, then we say goodbye to Stephen and Luis. I am sure they will pop up somewhere else. We will see. Thank you all for your support yet through another journey, xoxo Dianna* 

"So, we've got her. Are you sure? I mean, I after all of this I want absolutely nothing to with her or her son. The final arrangements have been set in place for the project I've been working on, and I want this bitch and her lies out of my hair once and for all in order to make what I'm doing an even greater success." I stated as I looked up from the documents Myles had provided for my approval only to see the man leaning back in his chair behind his massive desk with a Cheshire cat grin on his face. He was the picture of utter relaxation.

"Like I said, I've finally gotten my hands on the documents from the original divorce settlement she agreed to with Randall Senior. Something she or none of her lawyers have been able to provide for me before with suspicious circumstances and excused whenever I've requested them in the past. Seems that the Ex-Mrs. Randall is a devious little thing, bribing unsuspecting file clerks to bury these documents under erroneous files names."

"Nevertheless, that woman is not as devious as I am. I now have the signed judgements that renders her current case null and void. News of which I'll gladly share with her and her frivolous attorneys this afternoon." Myles stated as he casually brushed his fingers against the lapel of his expensive, custom-tailored suit jacket.

"I always knew you are worth the fortune I spend on your retainer alone. Do I have to be in attendance for this presentation of your impeccable cut-throat skills?" As much as I would love to see her reaction, I knew for all intents and purposes if I laid eyes on that bitch, and against my better judgement, I would do or say something that could easily land me in jail and sued for physical assault. As a man I would never dream to lay a hand on a woman, but this callous, money grubbing bottom feeder has done nothing but cause Jackson pain since she'd managed to sink her claws into his father.

Even with the elder Randall and now Jackson dead and gone, she's still wreaking havoc in Jackson's life. Dealing with her had been worse than dealing with the disease that had taken him away from me. It was unimaginable the amount of physical and emotional pain, the sense of loss, the shame Jackson felt about how he contracted the disease, and the guilt he felt over my choice of staying by his side to the very end. There she was adding to his troubles by constantly seeking more than she deserved from an ill-fated marriage. When she didn't get her way, she added salt to already festering wounds by bringing Jackson's private life out into the open like she had the right to do so.

Jackson Randall, Jr., the professional business man, heir to one of the largest real estate fortunes in America was totally different from the extremely private person that was Jackson, my best friend. The sometimes shy, but overly brilliant nerdy, bookworm who bent over backwards to make sure he always had his father's approval. Because of greed that woman had the public speculating and reporting on Jackson's health and private life over that last couple of weeks didn't know who the man really was, it was the just the thing he was trying to prevent from happening when he was alive.

They've all seemed to have forgotten that the same man whose name they were dragging through the mud with their lies and over the top assumptions, was a multi-millionaire who has donated obscene amounts of money to charities benefiting LGBTQ teens and families. A man who would rather serve in a soup kitchen line than head up meeting in a board room on any given day. The driving force behind the rehabbing of many low-income communities in the city, building schools, affordable housing, and creating jobs where there would otherwise be none.