Chapter 5

Chapter 5

(Sexy Luis all wet)

Ever since that day on the beach when my family met the delicious Doctor from next door, my loving mother and my caring sister made it a priority to invite the man to dinner almost every night for the past week. Not that I complaining, but oh what the hell...I am complaining. The whole purpose of this trip was for me to come to terms with the death of my best friend, for me to be surrounded by loved ones as I coped with Jackson's recent death, but no, here I am trying to remember how to breathe whenever those slate gray eyes turned in my direction.

To my utter shame, I found myself completely enthralled by everything that this man does. I watched his Adam's apple bob up and down when he takes a sip of water and wished that I could run my tongue over the strong column of his throat and lick it. I felt my cock twitch behind the zipper of my jeans when those luscious lips slipped over the prongs of his fork.

Fuck, if I didn't find myself biting back a needy whimper when he smiled and showed off those even white teeth. Damn, surgeons won't supposed to look like him. They were supposed to be pudgy bald middle aged men with pale skin from being the operating room all day everyday, and you are supposed to despise them because they usually have a God complex from cutting people open and holding a life in the hands.

The ones I have worked with have never looked like Dr. Stephen Giles, the man's ability to make me feel the way I do whenever he is around made me feel like a fraud.These newly awaken feelings of attraction made me really see Jackson's and I relationship for what it really was, a deep and loving friendship between two people. He was my best friend, and I was his and we had struck up a bargain to be each others confidant and companion and to forever take care of each other until his inevitable death claimed him. We got married and presented a united front as a happily married couple to everyone else.

An overwhelming wave of anxiety washed over me out of nowhere and I found myself having some difficulty breathing. I dropped my fork on my plate with a loud clatter that startled sitting at the table into silence. All eyes turned in my direction and I just shook my head as I shot up from the table, knocking my chair over in the process. I headed for the closest escape route and that was the patio doors leading to the beach. I heard my mother calling my name behind me and my sister telling her to let me have some space.

I came to a stop once I reached the warm sands some ways away from my house, and I bent at the waist and rested my hands on my knees willing my heart rate to slow down. I continued to drag the briny ocean air deep into my lungs and plopped my ass onto the sand, drawing my knees up to my chin, and I wrapped my arms around them.

When Jackson was alive, I had spent my every waking and even sleeping moment with him. I had promised him that I would never breathe a word of his real diagnosis to anyone. It was for his protection as well as mine. We got married and made it so that his money grubbing stepmother and half brother could not fight over his family's assets.

Michelle was the trophy wife and twenty years younger than Randall Sr. when he married her. The woman had turned into a spitting viper after she secured herself by giving birth to Randall Sr. second son, Matthew. She had treated Jackson like he was shit and her son like he was a crowned prince when they were children. She had signed her walking papers though when Jackson had grown into his himself as a man and Randall Sr. began to decline in health. The woman had actually had the nerve to turn her greedy sights on Jackson and tried to seduce him.

Matthew had witnessed his mother drunk off her rocker trying to dry hump a struggling Jackson on the family room's couch one night and ran off to tell his father. Randall Sr. had caught his wife fawning all over his son and the man had believed his first born child over his second wife and threw her out of the house that very night. The woman had screeched and had the gall to cry rape. She had tried to put the blame of her deplorable behavior on the young Jackson Jr.