Chapter 12 - Crash and Burn

Start from the beginning

"Gah... Well... What the Hell now?!" Petrel growled. "What do you expect me to do?!"

"You're going to bring me aboard your helicopter and I'm going to dispose of the trash that you couldn't catch." Ariana walked past him and pulled open the side door, her heels clanking on the metal steps as she climbed up. "Get on or be left behind." Her voice rang from inside.

Petrel's goons looked over to him, his cheek still stinging from the slap he had been issued.

"Get on." He mumbled, climbing in after Ariana.

*

"Killing them is entirely unnecessary." Giovanni said, his chin resting on his clasped hands.

"Are you the one calling the shots here?" The formless voice came from the ether. "Cause destruction or face destruction. Those are my terms."

"I am aware of that." Giovanni frowned. "But you would have us kill children?"

"My my, you have changed your tone." The voice chuckled. "Once upon a time, you held the same children at gunpoint when they were barely teenagers – and now you're having reservations?"

"How do you know what I've done in the past?"

"I know everything, Giovanni. I know that your grudge against the boy in question has died over the years because of your wound. Ever since you were confined to that wheelchair, you've gone soft. Yet you're still going to steal the most powerful Pokemon there are and start a war. Do you see how complaining about the deaths of a couple of children becomes irrelevant?"

"I am not complaining." Giovanni looked around. "I gave the order to Ariana, after all."

"But was it of your own volition? Or did you do so because you are afraid of me?"

"How can I be afraid of a coward who won't show his face?!" The Team Rocket Boss clenched his fists.

"Because you can feel my power. That's how."

"Gh..." Sweat rolled down the side of his cheek.

"Am I wrong? The weak obey the strong, for fear of otherwise dying... Hahaha! What a futile existence you humans lead."

"You mean to say you aren't human? What are you trying to do here?"

"Foolish man. Do you know any humans who can converse across dimensions without a physical form? I don't have to explain anything to you – and I never will. Just do as I say, and all will be fine."

"Fine according to you, I'm sure." Giovanni took a deep breath.

*

"One of these only has two seats." Alfred said as we approached the helicopters.

"That's mine – it only has one passenger seat." Kiria placed her hand on the belly of the vehicle and looked through the windshield.

"I'll go in that one!" Acerola offered.

"Good. Because we're not standing around fighting over seats."

Kiria and Alfred pulled out their keys and opened the vehicles up.

"We're going straight back to base." Kiria said.

"Well I wasn't planning on taking any detours." Alfred rolled his eyes.

"Jut reminding you." Kiria climbed inside of her helicopter.

"I'll see you when we get there, Sis!" Acerola smiled.

"You'll be all right?" Alicia asked.

"Of course, Dummy! So will you!" The younger Princess turned to Nelly and I. "Take care of her, ok?"