02// a broken promise

Comincia dall'inizio

"Okay chill mom, it's just a project." Teddy reiterated. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and using her free hand she reached in to see that it was Liliana who had texted her. "Anyways, I think Lil is her. Have a great day at work."

"Have a great day at school sweetie."

Teddy wished that seeing her mother alive and well earlier that morning would cause the churning in her stomach to come to an end. But instead, she felt that it grew with every minute that passed.

She decided that she would keep to herself for the rest of the day, even more so than she usually did. Joshua wouldn't hear any smart remarks from her today. The teachers would have to count on some other smart kid to answer the question in class. Even Liliana was included in straying away from.

She wasn't sure why, but ever since Stiles had broken down in front of her a couple days ago, she felt as if the uneasiness she experienced from the weeks that had passed returned to her, and the dream was just the icing on the cake. She hadn't even dared walk in his direction since that day, and she even considered canceling on their plans of doing the research together and doing it herself.

But, let's face it, it wasn't completely all his fault that this was happening to her. In fact, it probably had nothing to do with him at all. It's just that she made a promise to herself long ago, but her self-control was beginning to waiver.

Even so, she felt that she had to put a little of the blame on him. She could at least claim that she thought she was getting better until she decided to talk to him. That was enough reasoning to avoid him for now.

But sadly, that plan had only lasted until currently.

This was what made her hate having the same lunch period as a majority of the juniors. As she made her way across the school yard for lunch, large brandless over head headphones covering each ear, she wasn't able to catch that in the corner of her eye sat Stiles, who had spotted her immediately despite having an in depth conversations with his group of friends about their current situation.

"U-Uh, hold on a sec guys, I'll be right back." He stuttered, his eyes still following the honey haired girl making her way to an empty bench.

He was halfway off of the bench before he felt his elbow being gripped. When he looked back, he was met with a concerned look by Scott, who only influenced Lydia, Allison, Isaac—well, not so much Isaac, he was too engrossed by his lunch—to do the same.

"Dude," Scott commented. "We were just in the middle of talking about being halfway dead. What's got your attention all of sudden?"

Stiles gulped. Maybe his actions did look a little suspicious. But he didn't feel like explaining to his friends yet again that he had had another panic attack. "I just have to ask this girl a question real quick."

Before any more questions were asked, Stiles had escaped out of Scott's grasp and was making his way over to Teddy.

By this time, Teddy was too submerged in both her music and her Pre-Calculus homework to see the spastic teen approaching her, so she was a little surprised when a hand tapped on her shoulder.

Her heart sank a little when her eyes were met with Stiles's. So much for trying to avoid him.

"Hey," He said, or at least that's what she guessed seeing as she couldn't hear anything. He then gestured that she removed her headphones.

Inwardly sighing to herself, she reluctantly removed the large headphones and clicked the pause button on her phone to stop her music. She figured that she couldn't stay out of his way forever so she might as well listen to what he had to say.