01// it all started with a pair

*EDITED*

CHAPTER ONE:

CHAPTER ONE:

it all started with a pair 

Heavy. That was the only word that Teddy could use to describe how the weight on her back felt.

Now, any other normal fifteen year old would have immediately begun to panic and flail about in fear of the unfamiliar presence, and rightfully so. However, this wasn't the first time that Teddy was awoken by someone almost crushing her under their weight. And she was pretty sure that it wouldn't be the last.

"Wakey, wakey Teddy! It's time for school!" A feminine voice shouted above her.

"Ugh," Was all Teddy could muster in response before she rolled onto her back to meet the girl's face.

Currently sitting on her pelvis and blocking her view of her room's mint green walls was a tan skin colored girl, with beautiful long brown locks cascading down her glowing cheeks, smiling down at Teddy with pearly white teeth. She wore a cherry colored sundress, accessorized with multiple gold necklaces and a pair of shades on the top of her head. Teddy raised a brow.

"Lil, don't you look a little...overdressed?" Teddy muttered, too tired to even attempt to push her best friend off of her.

"My dear, dear Teddy," Liliana tsked before bopping Teddy on the nose in a very parent like manner. "There's no such thing as overdressed. Now get up! We're going to be late!"

With that, Liliana retreated off of the bed allowing Teddy to finally breathe normally again. Teddy was unmoving for a few seconds, not in the mood for yet another school year. But then she decided to suck it up before blowing a stray brown curl out of her face and hopping out of her bed.

"Remind me why my mother gave you a key to our house again." She said as she made her way to her closet.

"Because if she didn't I wouldn't be here to wake you up every morning, duh."

Teddy rolled her eyes. "Right, thank you, I'm so grateful."

After a short few minutes, Teddy threw something together and made her way to the bathroom to freshen up and change while Liliana took her exit out of the room. It wasn't long before Teddy's teeth were freshly brushed and she was looking at herself in the mirror all dressed to go in an oversized plaid shirt with a white inside top, and a pair of skinny jeans and worn white converse. Unlike Liliana, Teddy didn't really own any makeup or a flat iron and therefore had nothing but her natural biracial skin tone and frizzy honey colored curls to work with. And it's not as if this bothered Teddy, in fact, she could have cared less about how she looked to other people whether she wore makeup or not.

After double checking that she had gotten all of the crust out of her eyes, Teddy made her way up the stairs to meet Liliana who was in the kitchen, just finishing up preparing what Teddy believed to be just a regular peanut butter and jelly sandwich. However, Teddy's eyes caught sight of a freshly cut cucumber next to the peanut butter and jelly's respective jars. Her stomach did a flip as she realized that Liliana decided to put her own spin on the basic everyday snack.