Chapter 1: A new home

Start from the beginning

"Ah, I must say the feeling is mutual." You let a gentle smile grow to make you glow with a light that makes his eyes darken with something, unlike anything you've noticed before.

"My other son by blood here is Jonathan. He is quite grand as well." George nods to the other boy who even though you hadn't spoken a word to slowed your anxious racing heart. He bows his head and offers up his hand for you to shake it in greeting.

"It's lovely to meet you (name). I hope that we make lots of memories together in the time to come."

With a nod of your head, you go to shake his hand not expecting that it would be so much bigger than yours.

"Yes, I'm happy to make your acquaintance Jonathan."

"Oh please call me Jojo now."

"Jojo?" You tilt your head such a childlike nickname for a young man who gave off an air of maturity. You let out an innocent giggle. "Lord Jojo I like it."

"No no just Jojo."

"If you insist then it would be rude of me to dismiss it."

George starts to lead the group of you to the dining hall. "Now that introductions have been gone through let's all head to dinner. I for one know that I'm hungry what about you?" He looks to your father.

They let out a hearty chuckle moving past you to take place next to him.

"You never change now do you, George, I wonder why you didn't go down the path of cuisine yourself." The two men continue to have wholesome chatter as you're left behind them with the two boys who come to either side of you like police officers making sure a prisoner wouldn't have the ease to escape. With their large builds and towering heights compared to yours; you wouldn't be lying that they could easily intimidate and remove anyone that crossed their path the wrong way.

"So America, this so-called land of the free." Dio breaks the silence between the three of you he runs a hand through his hair and glancing up seeming as if he was trying to recall what he was going to say, "is it all that it's made up to be?"

Jonathan lights up in enthusiasm. "Yes I've heard from father that you ever lived in new york do the buildings really reach the sky?"

"Well, I'm not so sure how to answer either honestly." Oh, how it felt like only last night you were still home in the bustling metropolitan. The sight of seeing the new and old age of technology and architecture at every angle. With people of all backgrounds and cultures that came together in one beautiful city. That you had the birthright of growing up in. Your bubble of newfound nostalgia pops due to the two boys looking at you expectantly.

"Oh it's a free country to those who see it as such and as for the buildings they are quite high but I wouldn't say they're scraping the sky quite yet." You give a silent prayer that they would be satisfied with an answer such as that.

"To those think of it like that?" Dio lifts a brow in interest.

"Quite yet? Wow, so they will one day?" Jonathan's eyes sparkle.

"Would you have considered yourself free there?" Dio asks.

"I dream of seeing the New York I wish to visit there when I become an adult." He looks off to some distance.

Your nerves tense and heart rate picks up once more, for whom do you respond to first? Thankfully you were given grace with arriving in the dining room allowing you a moment of thought as you went to go sit at the table about to pull out a chair for yourself, for Jonathan to end up doing it for you. You take a seat in the red plush velvet padding.

"Why thank you Jonath..." You stop yourself lightly biting your tongue, remembering what happened a moment ago, "Thank you, Jojo, much appreciated."

He takes the seat next to you. "It is only what a gentleman would do." He beams at you.

"Why I suppose it is now."

"You two are already getting along now aren't you? Who knew affection would grow so quickly" George makes a friendly gesture to you and Jonathan.

"What? F-father why would you? We just met." Jonathan's face begins to flush a soft pink.

"Yes, they have now." Dio who you just notice that he was sitting on your other side leaving you trapped once again, "Here I was thinking that you were wanting me to take her heart."

George laughs a little. "Don't worry son you'll have many chances to woo her now."

"Here I was worried about it not turning out well." Your father says to George, yet he directs a satisfied if not smug look towards you at the same time. You return it with a false smile little did they all know of the plans you had after your father was to leave by nightfall.