A rock to start it all

Start from the beginning

Danny blew the hair out of his face. "I'll ectoblast that smirk right out of your face, Dam."

He suddenly froze. His ears had picked up on something. A swishing sound. He instinctively turned and held up a hand. Years of being on the top of the Booomerang's black list made sure he had quick reflexes.

But he was too late. Something hit him on the side of his head. He grunted and was pushed back slightly.

David gasped. "Are you alright?"

Something flowed into Danny's eyes. His head throbbed but it quickly died down. He wiped the blood out of his face and looked at what had hit him.

It was a rock.

The halfa grabbed it. He scowled. "A rock? Seriously?! Ok of all the traps this is the lowest."

Dani had stopped in surprise. Stephanie didn't pay attention to Dani's cousin and brothers. She was too focused on where the stone had come from. A ghost appeared from a small, nearby island.

Stephanie growled in warning. "Dani."

The girl turned too. Her eyes widened as the ghost threw another rock. It flew surprisingly fast through the air. "Danny watch out!"

Danny aimed and threw a counterblast. It exploded the stone and he quickly moved on to the attacker. "Damien, tell the ship to stop. I can feel them coming closer."

Damien nodded, even though Danny had his attention back at the ghost. He guided Cujo towards the still approaching ship and waved his arms frantically. "Stop!" He yelled.

Thankfully, they did. Damien motioned for them to stay inside the ship.

Danny meanwhile flew towards the ghost. "What are you even trying to do?" He questioned the ghost.

The ghost grabbed another rock but before he could throw it Danny blasted it to pieces. He floated a few meters in front of the ghost.

The ghost smirked. "Hello, halfa. You're mine now."

Danny blinked but before he could do anything the ghost had thrown a net around him. Danny rolled his eyes at the ghost, who looked like he had won the catch of the century.

Danny frowned. "So you're the one that keeps trying to capture me with old fashioned traps. Well newsflash." He stretched his arms out and shredded the net. "it doesn't work on me."

The ghost deflated but looked confused. "This is my first try...but no worries! I'm sure I'll catch you on the second," he said as if Danny should be delighted by the news.

Danny blinked. "But if you didn't set up those traps, then who did?"

The ghost stopped grinning. "There are more hunting you?"

Danny glanced around. "There are more hunting me?"

"What's wrong Danny?"

Danny turned to see his mom swim his way, cap on.

Danny frowned as he inspected his surroundings, completely ignoring the ghost behind him. "Mom you better get back to the ship. I have a weird feeling."

Maddie leaned forward and wiped his hair. Her hand came black bloodied. Although his wound was already healed, the blood still stuck to his face. Danny quickly tried to wipe it off, only to get his sleeves smeared too. "Mom it's nothing. This lunatic just tried to capture me. Which reminds me," he turned back to the ghost, who was looking around with a scowl. "How did you know about me?"

The ghost smirked again. "Why you're the halfa Skulker tried to capture, aren't you? I've heard you're on the top of his list. And if Skulker wants you in his collection, then you must be quite the prize indeed."