Eavesdropping

(Y/n) walked away from Undyne and Sans "You love him" Undyne said stopping (Y/n) in her tracks. She sighed and kept walking not wanting to explain it any further.

Reaching her room she collapsed on the bed. (Y/n) didn't know what to do anymore, if Asriel find out about her feelings towards him she would be scared of his opinion. It all depends if she has any feelings towards him anyway. "I mean I like him as a friend but not in that way...I don't know anymore" she whispered.

As she looked at the ceiling she tried to change the subject "I'm bored, what can you do here?" She stood up and scanned the room. In a drawer by the closet she found sewing equipment. Gasping in excitement she took the box out and placed it at the desk. Her eyes sparkled as she looked at it "Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!" She jumped from her seat and looked for any fabric.

Luckily she found an old plain (f/c) curtain, brushing the dust off she placed it on the table "Perfect...now what should I make?" (Y/n) thought. As she sat in silence she thought of any ideas. She scanned the box again looking at what else it contained, she treated it like treasure. At the bottom she found a piece of yarn with different colours with knitting sticks "That's it! A scarf" she made up her mind.

Taking a piece of paper she began to draw patterns thinking how it could look like. Finally she grabbed her favourite coloured yarn and began. As time passed she was still knitting "I feel like I'm an old granny" she chuckled. Minute after minute, the clock was ticking and she still knitted.

Someone knocked on the door, turning her gaze to the door "Come in" she said politely. The person Papyrus opened the door "Hello human, why are you here all alone?" He asked. (Y/n) set the sticks down and looked at the clock then at Papyrus "Oh wow time flies anyway I was knitting. Is something wrong?" She gave him a worried look.

"Well we thought you were angry at Undyne and Sans because of what they said. I don't know what they said but are you OK?" He asked. (Y/n) nodded "Yes I'm fine Papyrus, I'll take a break from this knitting" she walked out passed Papyrus.

As she made her way down the corridor she heard voices, being a curious soul she walked towards the sound. She stopped and stood behind a wall, the voices were Asriel, Undyne and Sans. "So she didn't say anything?" Asriel asked. (Y/n) started thinking like she said something wrong or they were making things up.

"Well she said she doesn't feel anything towards you but-" Asriel cut Undyne off. "Well if she doesn't then I guess we can let her go, tell her that she can leave the castle and go home" Asriel said. (Y/n) eyes widen at the words, Asriel walked away "But she's lying, we could feel it maybe-" Sans was cut off "No there's no point" Asriel told them.

(Y/n) felt like crying, 'It's my fault but I don't want to leave him' she thought. "Hoi human!" Temmie tugged her dress. She knelt down and covered Temmie's snout "Shhh they'll hear us" she whispered. Temmie muffled something she couldn't catch, he pointed his paw to the side. (Y/n) looked up and saw the three looking at her.

"Were you eavesdropping?" Sans asked. (Y/n) gulped and nodded her head "So you know what I'm going to do" Asriel looked at her. (Y/n) kept quiet knowing the answer of her being free "Leave us" Asriel requested. Everyone left leaving the two alone. She still looked down as she sat down again the wall. Her fear was being punished by Asriel.

"I'm...sorry" she managed to say. Asriel crossed his arms and huffed "Yeah sorry, good joke (Y/n)" he told her. Seeing (Y/n) upset and ashamed of eavesdropping he walked off "Just go" he ordered. (Y/n) stood up in shock of not being punished "No Asriel" she told him. He ignored her and kept walking.

Not thinking twice she clenched her fists "I won't I love you!" She shouted but not too loud. Asriel stopped dead in his tracks like he froze, (Y/n) covered her mouth as she blushed. 'Good job (Y/n)! You're dead now' she internally told herself off. Asriel turned around and looked at the blushing girl. He slowly made his way towards her.

Their faces were inches away "Love is not in my dictionary" he said. (Y/n) however didn't give up "Asriel I don't want to leave, especially you" she said in defense. Asriel didn't know what to say to her, he knew she was a determined girl but whatever he would say to her she would only argue about staying. He sighed and did something that for him was stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wrote this chapter while I was the plane on my way back from my vacation. I published it when I was at the airport because Wi-Fi was available.