Cage of doubt

Temmie jumped off her lap "I need to find Tem flakes, boi" he ran away. "Uh OK then, I'm gonna go back to my room" she stood up. "Uh your book (Y/n)" he stopped her. She stopped and took her "Thanks Paps" she walked away. Walking along the corridors (Y/n) held the book close to her, when she looked out of the window it started to rain.

"Well the rain will also water them" she chuckled and carried on walking. Reaching the room she set the book on the side. (Y/n) collapsed on the bed "I need to see what's in that room, but how when they keep me away?" She thought. Suddenly an idea popped up in her head "I'll just do it at night" she said to herself.

The sky was grey and wind blew to the room. (Y/n) walked over to the window and closed it, thunder struck causing her to fall. "Grow up (Y/n) you're not 5, thunder isn't scary" she said and stood up. Brushing the dust of her dress she looked through the shelves to find something interesting. She took a note book and smiled "Well this will sure keep me busy" she said to herself.

For the next hour or two (Y/n) sat on her bed writing in her notebook. Someone knocked on the door getting her attention. "Come in" she said. The person opened the door "Sup?" Sans came in. (Y/n) sighed "Hi Sans, what do you want?" She asked closing the book. Sans sat by her "Listen kid, (Y/n) I mean. Don't go to that room, we also don't want to talk about it"

"What do you mean?" She asked. Sans sighed looking at the ground. "6 around, 1 in the middle. His soul continues to live in it" he explained. (Y/n) was confused by Sans' statement and sat there. While she tried to think what he meant Sans stood up and pat her head. "Anyway changing the subject supper is ready so come on" he waited at the door.

Both of them walked in complete silence 'Why is he so mysterious?' (Y/n) thought to herself. Sans looked ahead with his usual lazy grin. "Why so lost in thought?" He cut her thoughts off. "Oh nothing Sans" she smiled and looked straight ahead. The two finally reached the dining room where everyone was ready, everyone except one person.

"Where is Asriel?" (Y/n) asked. "Who said my name?" Asriel stood behind (Y/n) and Sans scaring the two. They turned around and saw a curious and confused Asriel "Oh we were wondering where you were and you're here so we can eat together" she backed a step. The three sat down in their seats.

While eating the dinner everyone was talking except Asriel, instead he looked out of the window at the rain lost in thought. (Y/n) noticed him and poked his shoulder gaining his attention "Are you OK? You haven't eaten much" she asked concerned. Asriel shrugged and looked away "I'm just... not so hungry" he replied.

(Y/n) didn't know what else to say, she continued eating her meal. Suddenly thunder struck slightly scaring her, (Y/n) held back her fear away from others. "Are you scared of the thunder?" Alphys asked. "Not really Alphys" she said. Alphys however did not fully believe her, by her expression she saw a bit of fear. Not to ask anymore questions she nodded understanding her "OK (Y/n)" she said.

After finishing the meal (Y/n) took all the plates. Carefully, she took them and walked slowly but to trip. Reaching the kitchen she put the plates in the sink. She sighed and looked down "I need to know what's there" she said to herself and went back to the dining. Everyone was talking, Asriel stood up and left without a word.

Walking through the corridors Asriel stopped and looked down. He felt his shattered soul pulsing magic giving him a weird feeling. For him it hurt, he clutched his chest and leaned against a wall "Damn it" he hissed. After a minute the pain went away, a sigh of relief came from him. "It can't shatter anymore, it would kill me" he summoned his souls from his chest.

A white and red souls appeared in the palm of his hands. Cracks and holes all over it though it glowed a bit. "Glimmer of hope?" His eyes widen. He growled and shook his head "No" the soul disappeared and continued to walk.

(Y/n) went back to her room and took her notebook out. She got her pen and continued to draw. Time passed quickly, the clock keeps ticking in her room. "OK let's do this but I can't get caught" she took a breath in and out.

She walked out.