"no, mama wanna cuddle my baby"

"noooo! mama-" jinyeon heaved, giggles continuously escaping on his lips as jiho continued to pepper the little one with kisses everywhere.

jeongguk melted at the sight, he couldn't help the way his heart felt so tight and breathing was getting difficult.

"mama! no! i have something to tell!"

jinyeon giggly screamed as finally, after speaking of those words, his mother stopped the tickle and kisses attack.

"yes, baby?"

jinyeon sighed as he huffed, his mood became even brighter "mama, tomorrow's the family day! would papa and mama come tomorrow?"

jiho's eyes widened, lips quivering and heart sunking deep with the news of her son, she immediately became aware of jeongguk's presence and the thought of going to the school's activity terrifies her the most.

"f-family day?"

jiho tried so hard to cover the way her voice broke. family day, huh? for the past two years since jinyeon started going to school, whenever family day was celebrated - all jiho could remember was the way her son's eyes glossed with sadness because of jeongguk always failing to come on the said event.

"baby-"

jiho used to think that it was okay - it was okay for jeongguk to miss the family day event for a couple of times as long as jeongguk loves them.

but that's the thing, he stopped loving and became so occupied with something no, someone.

heaving and swallowing her conflicting feelings, jiho tried to find the words to speak as he knew jeongguk would not come tomorrow. it has always been that way, he was always too busy - too busy taking care of something else, someone else.

"i think" jiho's eyes lifted on jeongguk and she couldn't help the way her insides tearing apart as their eyes met. i must say this to yeon before he expects something to his father, i don't want him to get sad all over again.

tearing her eyes away from the man, jiho tried to pull her best smile, cupping yeon's chubby cheeks as she spoke the words gently. "honey, papa must be busy tomorrow. I don't think he'd be able to come, he's always been busy lately with work"