25

Cassidy's POV

"So?" I question him. "What now?" This is so awkward for us. "How about wait until you completely get better, and once you do that, we go directly to our first date since... ever." He smirks. I can tell he's really jubilant while trying to play cool. "Yeah, I would love that." I can't wait. "Great! Now get up, this psycho quarantine wants to recharge your bed sheets." He chuckles.

After changing my bed sheets, I take this disgusting medicine that they used inject my serum with when I was passed out. It tastes so awful, I think that if they threw it in the dumpster, it would spit it out. But I had no choice to begin with. Alex would shove it in my mouth if I didn't take it by will. However, I always look at the bright side, taking this is my ticket to freedom. In other words, my ticket to my date with Alex.

……………………………….

"No! Are you serious?!" An expected reaction from Avery. I look at Jake from the far end of the room. He looks like the father who just witnessed his only son getting into Yale; pleased and proud. "I figured this would happen." Jake looks at me in a very weird look. But good weird. I reply with a look of gratitude. On the other hand, Alex sends him a look of confusion. "Me too, but not now. How did this happen?" I catch Alex's eyes, asking him the permission to *story time* them. He refused; wanting to tell them the story himself. "I honestly don't know. Once she woke up, a nurse asked me to wait outside. Few minutes later, the same nurse told me to come inside, that Cass wanted to see me. And then it happened. And she was mine again." He looks at me like he had been waiting for this moment since time had begun. Like finding a treasure was his life's work, and he finally found it.

He places his left hand behind my head pillow. "And he was mine again." I look at him with the same look. I'm happy now.

.................................

The Next Day

“What are you looking at?” A soft smile decorated my face. “Just how beautiful you look in your PJ’s.” He calmly replied with a wide smile and cheerful eyes. I recall the first time we spoke to each other. When Alex and I were charged into the hospital. When he saw me dancing in my booty shorts. Creep. When things were still fresh, none of us knew what was coming next. I’m glad that era is over. The era when I prejudged his obnoxious nature. And that when I didn’t know if I like him or not. That when we were still nothing.

We were interrupted by a familiar knock on the door. Alex gets up from his seat and marches towards the door then opens it, allowing the nurse holding a tray full of medicines and desserts to come in. “Can I have the desserts please without the medicines?” I make myself irresistible by mimicking the voice of fiver-year-old girl. “You’ll have the medicines then have the desserts, so that you don’t taste any of the bitterness.” Says the nurse. “I spoke to the doctor, by the way. She said if you took the medicines on time regularly, you would be discharged early.” He continues, grinning. He hands me the small tray that displays medicines only. He looks at me from above, as if that makes him more powerful. I reach out my hand grabbing the first one, looking at it made me sick. “Do I have to?” I pout at him and the nurse. “If you don’t, we’ll have to wait forever for that date. And I have plans so special in mind.” He teases and then winks at me. How can you love someone so much and hate him at the same time?

Finally, I took all of them. “Was it that hard?” He fake pants at me and I reply with a fake wide smile and a bobble head nod. “And how about that kiss?” He teases me again and sits next to me in bed. He crossed his legs, puckers up his lips, and leans in. My forefinger stops him mid-action. “Don’t push your luck, loverboy.” He retreats and laughs. “One day.” He winks at me. “Now get some rest, princess.” He turns off the lights.

………………………………………

The Next Day

“I can’t believe I’m being discharged! Finally, it’s been forever.” I sigh in relief as the nurses remove my serum tube and the needles injected in my flesh, while Alex is talking to the doctor about my *to-do* and *not-to-do* list. My to-do list involves medicines, of course, and not-to-do one involves panicking. Wow, thanks Mrs. Obvi. Jake and Avery are talking with her, too. It’s nice to have such attention from people you too care about. Avery’s playing with her fingers; that’s what she does when she gets a bit nervous. To her side is Jake, he’s just standing there staring at the doctor listening to her every word. And at last, Alex, he’s the one doing all the speaking.

After the trio finished their session with the doctor, they all headed in my direction. Seeing their faces so relaxed made me very comfortable. I look down on my arms to see that they are officially injection-free. A little bit of holes here and there, but nothing out of the usual. I thanked all of the nurses who helped me through all the time I had been here and for changing my sheets hundred times a day, and for being utterly nice to me. Once they left me, I changed to my casual clothes. Now I’m ready to go outside.

…………………………………..

“What do you mean we can’t go outside?” I pout at Alex. He told me that we can’t have our date right now, like he promised, since I need to rest. “The doctor specifically asked me not to wear you out today. We can go tomorrow; I’m not running away.” He gently rubs his nose with mine. “We can still have fun here in the cabin. You know, just the two of us. Alone. Who knows what might happen?” He leans in closer, and closer, until his forehead is glued to mine.

“And then I said- oh God, am I interrupting anything?” My bunkmates decided to enter the cabin at that exact same moment. How punctual. “No, nothing, he was about to leave anyway.” I look at his green eyes. He exits.

What about tomorrow?
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry I didn't upload yesterday, I was a bit busy. :\
Dont forget to comment and vote I really hope you liked this one. ~❤~