◽️ 1.5 ◽️

"Are you busy?" A voice asked before fully opening the door to the odd-looking room. Pale blue eyes gazed in with a cautious type of movement. When no answer hit the air, the person entered, holding a few sheets of paper.

"You mean someone actually applied to us?" A girl from the desk laughed, putting down the flurry of papers in her hand on the desk. They looked like plans for reinforced doors, traps, room layouts, and maps of the surrounding area and Larimore's school.

"Yeah! Isn't it great?" The person smiled, sitting down next to her on the bench, and pulling their stringy blonde hair into a poor excuse for a ponytail. The color didn't look nearly as white as their character's hair.

"It's not great, Taylor." The girl groaned, rolling her brown eyes. "It means we might have to take them in." She laughed meanly, leaning back in the chair she sat on and training her eyes on Taylor. She didn't dare tell them that the only reason she accepted Taylor's own application in the first place was because Ms. Spiefer made her- she only later promoted them when they proved to be an extremely intelligent and manipulative asset.

"You accepted me when no one else would. So why is this girl any different? Abigail, I really think you should look at it." Taylor prodded, looking at the woman that they often considered their hero. She was always pretty, they thought, even though most people disagreed. Then again, this could be because of seeing her through rose-tinted glasses.

"Alright, Tay, give me the paper." Abigail sighed, and took it from their hands without another word. She was probably the only one that could get away with calling them 'Tay', too. She tucked a stray strand of brown hair behind her ear that annoyed her by being in her face, and looked over the sheet.

"She applied to all five groups?" The Administrator asked, looking over to Taylor for confirmation. They nodded, pointing to the checkboxes. "I'm sure someone else will take her, we don't have to worry about it." She looked at the next page, a picture drawn by Ms. Spiefer herself. "Cute, though."

"You think she's cute?" Taylor asked, a redness creeping into their face, something akin to jealousy, perhaps. However, they couldn't deny it. Ferocious as she was, Felicity fostered pretty assets.

"Calm down, tiger. Not that kind of cute. Cute like you'd call a puppy, cute." She affirmed, throwing it into the basket and picking up her phone off the desk. Sure enough, the phone number from the counselor remained in her text messages. An annoyed grumble left her throat and she leaned back in her chair.

"Let's just accept her. If she chooses another team, she chooses another team. If not, we have someone else to help us set up the finale event this year, since we'll be graduating. That's a lot of work for just you and me. Plus, we've never had a harpy." They offered, scooting closer to her and attempting to put their arm around her shoulders to be a comfort to her annoyed persona.

"Fine, if you'll leave me alone about it, I'll accept. And remember, Zeke is also going to help us. It's not just going to be 'you and me', Tay. I won't let this girl jeopardize it, either. She's not helping with the best thing that's ever going to happen in this game." She sighed, surprising the other when she leaned into their shoulder and arm and began typing away.

Congratulations, Felicity Norris! The Obsidian Honey-Badgers have accepted you for screening. Please report to their base farthest north of the school to meet the Moderator and Administrator for screening. The words of her text message slyly sneered back at her before she hit send.