The Portkey

Harry walked with Ron but he kept on noticing that Ginny was looking at him and smiling but Harry ignored it. He always knew that Ginny had a crush on him but he didn't feel the same way. He didn't ever see Ginny like that, he only ever saw Ginny as Ron's sister He looked over at Hermione who was walking with Ginny, he smiled at her and she went scarlet and managed to crack a smile back. Luckily Ginny was looking at the trees at that point just as Hermione and Harry turned their heads away. Harry smiled at himself. He still liked Hermione after they had kissed in the third year, he still liked Hermione secretly and they still hadn't told anyone about the Patronus they had conjured. He was also sure that Hermione still liked him and ignored another feeble smile from Ginny, who looked at Hermione and gave her a hard stare.

"How much longer?" Fred groaned

"We just need to get to the Portkey. Shouldn't be far from here." Mr. Weasley said looking around whilst leading the way. Ron was talking about how he was excited to see Victor Krum the best seeker in the world but Harry was only half listening and was thinking about Hermione- could it be- no he still fancied Hermione. No, she's just a friend. They walked on and Ron continued to talk about how excited he was, Harry continued to ignore Ginny's smiles and Hermione continued to blush at him every time he made eye contact. Harry looked on and saw Fred and George emptying their pockets for joke objects. Mr. Weasley had already confiscated a fake wand a proto-type of there skiving snack-box. Fred and George were moaning all the way to what seemed to be a small hill. On the way there Hermione had fallen over a tree root and Harry had helped up she went so red Ron said it matched the top Harry was wearing. Ginny had attempted to talk to Harry but had just wormed out of doing it as Harry had begun talking with Fred about setting up a joke shop and Ron and George had joined in. They stopped when they saw a man.

"Amos!" Mr. Weasley said

"Arthur about time!" the man said

"Boys, and girls this is Amos Diggory he works in the ministry with me." Mr. Weasley just then an extremely handsome young man jumped down from a tree. He had near-blonde hair and was quite pale and was tall and built. "And this strapping young lad must be Cedric"

"Hello," Cedric said they all started walking on leaving Mr. Diggory and Harry at the back of the throng Cedric was on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team and Harry gave him a small smile as Fred and George screwed up their faces.

"Bye my beard, you must be Harry Potter!" Mr. Diggory said holding out a hand which Harry shook. The group walked up a hill and came to a stop at a point where a manky old boot was laid. Ginny ran up to it first and looked awe-struck. Only Harry and Hermione looked at the boot for what it was- a manky, old boot.

"Why are we all gathering around that manky old boot?" Harry said and Hermione agreed with him.

"That not any old boot," Fred started "That's a Portkey," Fred and George said kneeling down looking. They all gathered round it.

"Everyone get a good touch on it, Come on Harry!" Mr. Weasley said. Harry touched it just as they lifted off the ground it happened so quickly it felt as if he was being sucked into a portal and he was dropped hard onto the ground he was helped up by Ron- they were there the Quidditch World Cup. There were flashes of Green and Red and there were happy Irish and Bulgarian supporters flocked around the place.