27. I'm not stupid.

Start from the beginning

Tyler turns sharply at Ethan, "I'm the Alpha here!" To prove his point, he growls at Ethan.

My eyebrows furrowed at that word; Alpha? Where have I heard that from?

"Sorry, Alpha." I shift my gaze over to Ethan who was bowing at Tyler. My eyes shift back to Tyler when he speaks to me.

"Don't keep your phone on silent." Tyler kisses my forehead, pushing a loose strand of hair and tucks it behind my ear. He gaze at me for another minute before turning on his heels.

Replacing his warmth and comfort was Avril. She was instantly by my side. "Where's your bag?"

I stared at her. "My bag...it's in-"

"Hey Indie!" Ethan yells. "Catch!"

Ethan threw my backpack and was saved by Avril swift reflexes before it could hit the ground. "Thanks a lot E!" I yell back at him just before he gets into his car.

"Alright, now let's pretend we've been here since school's over."

I was flipping through the magazine that Avril had bought a month ago while eating a Snickers bar from the secret stash. Avril was on her laptop browsing the net, when we heard the sounds of tires downstairs.

Avril glance at me and nods; we got this.

Both of us descend down the stairs and was greeted by Mr Reed and two of his friends, whom I've never met before. Mr Reed was all dressed up that simply meant business and the same applies to his other two friends.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Avril query just as we got to the bottom of the wooden stairs.

Mr Reed just raised an eyebrow at his daughter and avert his gaze to me. I suddenly felt uncomfortable under his gaze; it felt like he was scrutinising me for any potential threat that might endanger him.

"Hi, Mr Reed." I greet him after some time.

He simply nods at me. I could see behind his eyes that he was thinking of something and was determined to find whatever he's finding for.

"How are you girls?" Mr Reed threw the question at us, with a smile on his face.

Avril and I exchanged a quick glance. A glance that says play along, and so I did.

"Doing good actually," I was the first to respond, "we were just procrastinating - after we're done with our homework." I quickly add when I was being glared at by Avril. Her dad has something against procrastinating, I didn't know about that until she told me about it earlier.

"Yeah Dad. So, what brings you here." Avril pressed, tucking her hands casually in her pocket.

Mr Reed wasn't paying any attention to his daughter, his eyes were glued to his two friends who was busy walking around the spot where the four of us were at before Avril's dad arrives. One of his friends that was wearing a grey long sleeved shirt, bends down, it seemed like he was inspecting the dirty ground.

My eyes narrowed on his action when he picked up a certain leaf and inspect it on both sides. "What are they doing?" I inquire, jutting my chin out to his friends.

Another of his friend, this guy was wearing a dark green shirt, stood beside the grey shirt and both looked like their deep in conversation.

"Oh, that's Matt and Tim. Don't mind them, they always do that."

"More like finding for something," I overheard Avril mutter under her breath.

The grey shirt guy put the leaf into a zip lock bag and stands up in the process. Both men exchanged words while taking their time to walk towards us. "Excuse me girls, I'll be right back." Mr Reed didn't even glance at us when he said that.