4. Cabin

Read the important author's note at the end! :)

This chapter is dedicated to @ellieBushBaby @ImTakenBabe @etv1599 & @LadyAnnabelle20 for adding this book into your reading list! I LOVE YOU GUYS :')

4.

I did not miss the way how Avril keeps twitching in her seat, like there's red ants crawling up her butt. How she steals glances at every corner of the room every now and then, and checking her phone every two minutes sighing subconsciously, when she didn't receive any text.

We were sitting at the back of the shop, where it's away from the cashier and not a lot of people around. Avril claims that it'll be a great spot to study. I couldn't care less about the surroundings, I can basically study once I listen to some music. I lower the volume of the music on my phone - I'd left my iPod at home, safely locked in the safety vault I had hidden at the back of my closet, in case mum found it. And also to refrain myself from thinking about it - when I saw checking her phone screen again.

"You alright?" I ask as I remove the headphones from my ear.

Her shoulders jerked a little upon hearing my voice, swiftly removing her eyes from the screen and place it on the table, by her book. "I'm doing fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

I nod my head slowly, raising my brows in suspicion. "I don't know...maybe you're waiting for a very important text seeing that you've been looking at it for nearly an hour since we're here."

"Sort of - I mean not really," she lets out a strangled laugh, a sign that she's nervous. "If buying milk for dinner sounds important to you cos that absolutely sounds ridiculous to me."

"Right..." I stretch out the word. She confirms my suspicion because her left eye twitches every single time she lied. If I'm planning to rob a bank, I'm not going to make her my accomplice, she'll throw me to the sharks in an instant.

The table vibrates at the same time a soft ping came from Avril's phone. She picked it up without any delay. Her green bluish eyes widening at whatever the sender has sent her. I reached out across the table and place my hand on her forearm, shaking her out of the fear stricken expression.

"Avril, what happened?" I query softly. The last time I've seen that look was when she'd failed a spelling test and didn't dare to go home for, fearing that her mother would ban her from playing computer games.

Blinking deliberately, extracting her gaze from the screen and shifts to meet mine. "I-I need to use the ladies excuse me." She utters softly but shakily prior to lifting my hand and place it on the table. "Oh, pack your stuff 'cos we're getting out of here."

I didn't question her because I believe that whatever her reason might be, it's for the best. I shove the Chemistry book and papers and toss my pencil case in my bag and did the same for Avril's. By the time she got back, I was all packed. Hoisting my bag over my shoulder and hands Avril her bag, we made our way out. Glancing one last look at our table, to see if we'd forgotten any of our belongings, when there wasn't any I turn on my heels and walk off.

"So," Avril's breaks the comfortable silence in the car, tapping her first two fingers on the wheel, "you wanna go somewhere else or shall we just go straight to our tree house?" She adds. Frankly speaking, I was expecting her to tell me why did we leave the cafe.

If she wants to tell me, she will if not I'm not gonna haunt her for answers.

Somewhere in the back of my mind reminded me of the promise I'd made over the chat - should I or should I not go? I did say 'ok' but I didn't mean it, so I guess it's okay to go back there. However, Avril still does not know about what happened. Will she believe me if I told her? Would she look at me like I'm out of my mind? She'll probably think that it's just a dream...