I focused my attention back to Kirsten and Niall. Fucking interruptions. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't learn the secret...?

No. I'm finding out what this is if it kills me. Hell, it'll kill me even if I don't find out what it is! So either way, I die. Wait what? I just confused myself.

"Okay, finally!" said Niall. "So, we were just driving around, and talking about some stuff. When we came across this house. It was full of energy, had loud music playing, and tons of cars were bordered around it. It was a party."

"With nothing else to do, we went into it, uninvited." Kirsten said. "We didn't think it through, though. Since Niall's big and famous, girls were all over him."

"It didn't help that they were extremely drunk, either. They just went crazy..." Niall added.

"And finally, Niall got mad at them. So he pushed one away."

I nodded, showing I was listening.

"And she fell to the ground," said Niall, hiding his face.

Why was he sad about that? So what she fell?! There's got to be more to this secret, or that was just a huge waste of time and energy.

"But," said Kirsten, "She got back up, and punched me square in the nose. So, I punched her right back. Before I knew it, we were in a huge fight and everyone was watching us."

"Not to mention even more girls were suffocating me," said Niall.

"And... And I..." Kirsten tried. She broke into tears.

Aww, shit.

"Niall, you tell her. I can't handle it.." she said.

Niall sighed and patted Kirsten on the back, showing sympathy. But it was obvious he was sad too.

"After Kirsten ended the fight with the girl, I punched her and threw her into some weird room. I was so fucking pissed, that I tied her up to a chair and duct-taped her mouth. Then... We..." he choked. "Then we found a lighter, ad went to the side of the house. Fire started. We didn't expect it to get very far... But then fire spread... And we ran."

I was quiet.

"Niall, you forgot the worst part..." Kirsten whispered.

A tear went down Niall's face.

"And after that... The-"

A phone rang loud. It wasn't mine this time. Niall looked down at his pocket. It was his. He pulled it out and grunted.

"It's my mom... I have to answer." he got up and walked out of the room.

I turned to Kirsten, hoping she'd finish the story. But instead, she said, "I'm not saying shit if Niall isn't here."

Damn it! What happened!? They can't just leave me here and not tell me! I know most of it, and it's not even that bad... Well, kinda bad. But come on!!

"And Alex, if you tell anyone just that, I'm killing you. Do you hear me? I'm not even lying."

I looked at her face. Damn. I've never seen her so angry and serious. She meant business.

I nodded, solemnly. I was shaking on the inside. I wish she'd tell me!

"W-will you, uh... Tell me later, maybe...?"

She shot me a look that could kill. She obviously didn't want to talk about it. It pained her so much inside.

I looked down, and slowly walked towards the door.

"Wait!" I heard Kirsten call.

I turned, confused. "What?"

She stared at me long and hard. "You," she started, "you like Zayn, don't you?"