Falling Hard - Chapter 29

Chapter 29

                *Katelyn’s POV*

                “ADDY, you monster, GET YOUR OWN POPCORN!” I yell at my best friend as I move my popcorn from her reach. “WAIT! You had two bowls of your own and you still want mine?! GO MAKE MORE YOURSELF!”

                Zayn had actually been able to do it; he was actually able to convince Addy to come down (to her own apartment) and hang out with me. By what miracle (or spell)? NO ONE BUT ZAYN WILL EVER KNOW. Remind me to ask him what jinx he used.

                Addy gives me a look of dismay and sighs deeply, “But the kitchen… it’s all the… the way… over… there…” She points her hand in the direction of the kitchen, and pants as if she had to walk a mile. “Can I just have a handful Katie Bear..?”

                I snort and throw her a look of dismay, “Haha, last time you said that you took half the bowl of chips! Never falling for that trick again!”

                “C’mon, Katie! One pi –” I cut her off as I throw a piece of popcorn at her, and she catches it in her mouth. She chews thoughtfully, swallows and smiles. “Okay, I’m all good now!” Addy pauses for a minute and says, “One more piece?”

                I laugh and throw her another piece, and then another. We were currently on a roll. She hadn’t missed one yet! “And numbe – AWE ADDY! You missed! That would have been number seventy-four! You couldn’t have kept it up? WE COULD HAVE MADE IT TO ONE HUNDRED! Agh.”

                Addy frowns and then perks up again. “At least I got popcorn!”

                “And ladies and gentlemen… THAT’S ALL ADDISON ERIN LOVELACE CARES ABOUT!” I announce to a fake audience. I clap and she bows, it was actually pretty fun. After a bunch of wolf whistles, and a couple of standing ovations from yours truly (myself), I become serious and turn to look Addy in the eye. “I miss this Addy…and you’re my roommate…and my best friend…one of them at least.”

                Addy’s smile fades slightly as she says, “I honestly miss this too. But you could have told me that Niall and I were spending an inordinate amount of time together! Zayn came up and said, ‘Addy, out, Katelyn, girls’ night, now!’ and when he thought I was gone I heard him say, ‘Yeah, she sounded bitter and hurt… I know, I felt bad for her, and she begged me to get Addison… SO DON’T GET MAD AT ME! Be mad at Katie, BUT YOU SHOULDN’T BE MAD AT HER,’ and yada, yada, yada. You could have just told me, Katie. I would have separated myself from Niall slightly and hung out with you. I love you, Katie,  really do.”

                “I LOVE ME TOO!” I joke, hugging myself. Addy glowers at me and I hold my hands up in protest. “KIDDING! God, you can’t take a joke. I love you way more than I, Addy, and I always will.” I smile and throw my arms around her neck, pulling her into a bear hug.

                “Okay! Katie, breaking my neck here!” I giggle and release my grip, grinning at her. “Hm… Maybe we should listen to some music, and dance around like fools! Yes? No? I DON’T CARE WE’RE DOING IT!” Addy pulls me off the couch and she goes into her room grabbing her iPhone and her blue dock. “HM! How about some ONE DIRECTION?”

                I laugh and nod vigorously. Addy hits play and Another World blasts through our apartment. “It’s not me, it’s not you, there’s a reason! I’m just trying to read the signals I’m receiving! JUST LIKE A STONE ON FIRE CAN YOU FEEL IT? I DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU GIRL BUT I BELIEVE IT!” Addy and I scream as we dance with each other.

                “AH! NIALLER’S SOLO! HUSH!” Addy shrieks as Niall’s Irish voice blasts through the speakers, “Words will be just words, till you bring them TO LIFE!”

                “I’LL LIFT YOU UP I’LL NEVER STOP, YOU KNOW I’LL TAKE YOU TO ANOTHER WORLD! I’LL BUILD YOU UP, I’LL NEVER STOP, YOU KNOW I’LL TAKE YOU TO ANOTHER WORLD! EVERY DAY, IN EVERY WHERE, OH, OH, OH! I’LL LIFT YOU UP, I’LL NEVER STOP, YOU KNOW I’LL TAKE YOU TO ANOTHER WORLD!”

                “SHUT THE –insert f word– UP! SOMEOF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!” We hear a voice ringing through the apartment, joined by a couple of bangs on the walls. “SORRY!” Addy and I holler back together before falling onto the couch giggling like idiots.

                The song ends and Addy gets up to change the song. “I LOVE THIS SONG,” Addy shrieks as Want U Back by Cher Lloyd pumps out.

                Tears suddenly form in my eyes, and I can’t stop the flow. Addy notices this, and runs over to me, pulling me into her embrace. “What’s wrong, Katie? Tell me, that’s what girls night is about! Okay, okay, stop crying, please…”

                I honestly don’t know why I’m crying…

                YES YOU DO, TELL THE DAMN GIRL.

                Okay, so I did know… It’s because the song reminds me of Zayn… and how much I want the boy back, because I’m the one who let him slip through my fingers…

                “I – I… uhm – maybe, kind of, sort of still love Zayn? And this song r – reminds me of…of how I was the one who l – let him slip away…” I wipe my eyes and Addy’s just staring at me. “Okay, I’m not a unicorn, stop staring at me like you’ve never seen a Katelyn before.”

                “That’s not why I’m staring at you… I was staring at you because… WELL IT’S SO OBVIOUS YOU STILL LOVE ZAYN! I’m surprised you haven’t just told him yet…” I give her a look that says, ‘really, are you that stupid?’ “OKAY STOP! I’m not stupid, and I know you’re not like that. I know that he broke you, I know he stomped on your heart, but you should at least let him know… Maybe he feels the same way…”

                “Don’t even try… He doesn’t love me anymore.”

                “Who knows, Katie… Maybe he does!”

                 Does he?

                OF COURSE NOT DON’T BE ST – YES! HE DOES HONEY! GO TELL HIM HOW YOU FE – NOW YOU SHUT THE BLODY HE – DON’T TELL ME TO SHU – OH JUST HUSH IT, BOTH SIDES.

                I seriously need to go get myself check for some mental disease.

AUTHORS NOTE:

AWE POOR KATIE! :(

Okay, the mind conversations are fun to write. :)

DID YOU GUYS SEE HE MORE THAN THIS VIDEO? I was in tears :’) they’re so flawless. <3

LOL! Okay, so after chapter thirty.. I’m going to treat you guys to a special bonus chapter! :D

It’s an Addy POV ;) FROM CHAPTER 27 – 30! So her thoughts on the Ashley scene, and what happens with her and Nialler in his apartment, ECTETERA! :D

Okay, I’m done….

-Cadie<3