Falling Hard - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

                *Katelyn’s POV*

              Zayn, Niall, Liam, Louis, Harry and I fall back against the soft seats and catch our breaths as the van takes off. “How – do – you guys – deal with that – on a – daily basis?” I pause between words, gasping for air.    

                The whole van erupts in voices.

                “It’s not that bad after a while,” Liam says. “You get used to it.”

                “The attention is lovely! Especially the ladies.” I don't have to look at who said that, I know it was Harry. Ash always said he was a flirt. I now understand what she meant.

                “It’s really strange,” Niall cringes. “But I guess when you deal with it daily, it’s a life style.”

                “I’m really, really sorry. Are you okay Katelyn?” Zayn asks, eyes full of concern. He’s so sweet.

                Louis just sits there. This is strange… Just then, Lou yells, “CARROTS!” He then proceeds to laugh, and laugh, and then in a snap his facial expression returns to normal and he slumps back into his seat.

                The four boys fall silent, and we all just stare at Lou. He fixes his eyes on us, and I can't keep a straight face. I smile, then try to suppress it, and then I grin and die of laughter.

                Zayn cracks up next. He’s cute when he laughs. Niall is flush, and he starts laughing after Zayn. Liam chuckles like a father laughing at his idiotic kids, and Harry is doubled over. Okay, their all cute when they laugh. Louis just sits there, giving us a perplexed look.

                “What did I do?” Louis asks – which just makes us crack up more. I'm holding my side by the time the van has settled down. “Really guys, what did I do?” He whines.

                “CARROTS!” We all mock in unison. I giggle and Louis finally cracks.

                “You guys are so immature,” I say quietly. “I love it.” I grin maniacally. I honestly did never know how normal these guys are. They're awesome.

                “Zayn. You have good taste in women,” Louis praises the other boy. “I like this girl, she’s normal, and-” He surveys me closely- “not a Barbie!”

                “Thank you? I think…,” I say, confused. Was that a compliment?  

                “That was a compliment, dear, take it or leave it," Louis teases, and winks at me.

                I glance outside the van, we have stopped and I hardly felt it. “Where are we?” I look out the tinted window again, and am greeted with a very tall, very exquisite hotel.

                Zayn answered, “We’ve rented out this whole hotel so that we don’t have to be swamped with people asking for autographs. They have a restaurant, and we’ve made reservations – which was probably unnecessary now that I think about – for six.” He smiles a dazzling smile and we all climb out of the van.

                “The whole thing? It’s gigantic! You couldn’t have gone for a smaller one?”

                “It’s management!” Harry say, putting his hands up in protest. “Not us! We would have gone for some flats that were smaller. But this is incredibly nice too.” He winks.