Falling Hard - Chapter 34

Chapter 34

                *Katelyn’s POV*

                “Guys, I can walk upstairs myself. I’m not handicap – Zayn… WHAT THE FLACK ARE YOU DOING?!” I yell as the boy picks me up in a bridal hold. I was released from the hospital and everyone was treating me like I’m a princess… They bought me a fancy lunch at a really expensive restaurant, walked me home, and now were helping me – unnecessarily – get to my apartment.

                Zayn some home manages to swat my ear, “I’ve heard that so many times, I don’t care if you don’t like it, you’re a drown victim, so I shall carry you! Protests, or not. SO I SUGGEST YOU JUST CAN IT, Katie… Haha… That rhymed.”

                I give him a weird look, and decided to giggle, “Zayn… it doesn’t rhyme you freak, but also do I have a ch –”

                “And, no, you do not have any decision in this matter.” Zayn states in a ‘this is final, try to argue, I will hit you again’ tone. The other boys snigger accordingly at me, and Addy just giggles silently. Meanies…

                “AHA! Katie got tooooooold!” They all mock and laugh together in an, ‘OOOOOOOO, you just got oooooowned’ way, I make an attempt to kick them but they move out of my way too quickly. Dammit me and my handicap at the moment.

                Zayn stands up for me and decides to lash out his foot at Niall and Harry causing them both to trip in one simple blow. I giggle endlessly as Niall and Harry glare at me from their new spots on the floor. “Sorry, that’s what you get!” I laugh at the boys on the floor. “High fi – ah… never mind… That wouldn’t quite work.” I sputter out at the boy holding me.

                Zayn winks and sets me down outside Addy’s and my apartment door. “I suppose I have to say thank you despite how unnecessary all of it was. So thank you.” I don’t know why I continued talking after ‘unnecassary’. They drowned me out with all their protests and logical reasonings… Okay, well that was Liam. Addy, Harry, Zayn, Niall and Louis were yelling at me pointlessly.

                “’Kay, guys, SHUT UP!” I shriek at the group and they stop talking immediately. I settle myself against the doorframe and continue, “I didn’t mean it like that…” I pause to think about how I did mean it, “I meant it as in… Er… WHATEVER! I just didn’t think I deserved a fancy lunch and you guys having to walk me home…”

                Addy stands beside me and hugs my side possessively. “Of course you did! By the way…” Addy changes the subject, leaning her head on my shoulder, her cheek resting there, “Ashley’s trial is next week. They need you as a witness… For everything she’s ever done to you… And you too Harry.” Addison explains slowly, “Okay… No blame for no notice because I told you exactly… THREE DAYS before the actual date.”

                Addy grabs my hand while hugging Niall goodbye – how? I’ll never know, nor do I want to try to attempt at an explanation. “Now… I GET KATIE! NO ARGUMENTS!” Addison sticks her tongue out as the boys start to protest a little. “BYE GUYS!” Addison yells as she goes into our apartment and nearly chops off my hand while I try to wave goodbye to the boys.

                Skipping into the kitchen, Addison grabs a Coke, a half eaten sandwich, turns around and looks me in the eye, chewing thoughtfully. “Katwie…” Addy starts, mouthful of food. Swallowing quickly, she continues, “Zayn still loves you.”

                I’m pretty sure my eyes widened to the size of baseballs. Coughing violently, I try to choke out, “What?! How do you know?” but it comes out in fits, “Wh –” cough, “a – a – at?! How d – d –” cough, “do – o, y – yo –”cough, “you kn –” cough, cough, cough, “know!”

                “Katie, you’re so oblivious!” Addy nearly yells, “Zayn – he never left your side in the hospital, he SAVED yo –”

                “WAIT! ZAYN. ZAYN JAVVAD MALIK, the boy who can’t SWIM, saved m – me?” I cut in, my voice cracking horribly. “Zayn sa – saved me?” I whispered my voice threatening to become inaudible any moment now.

                Zayn saved me? No one told me! I assumed the fire department saved me… But Zayn? He can’t even swim! How did he manage to save a drowning person? Tears start to burn in my green eyes and one spills down my cheek… Zayn Javvad Malik saved me…

                “Katie?” Addison looks at me, eyes sparkling with concern and tears of her own, “Why are you crying?”

                “Be – because I love h – him too mu – much to explain! Addison, you have no – no idea how much I brok – broke inside when Za – Zayn was at the rest – restaurant with that bitchy,” I gulp down fresh tears, wipe my eyes uselessly and continue, “blonde girl, ho – how I snapped wh – when I found out Za – Zayn lived in thi – this building, how I wan – wanted to die – die when I walked in and he sta – started to cry.” I take a deep breath, and hiccup violently before whispering, “Addison… I love him so much it hurts…”

                And that was when I broke down. I just sat down, brought my knees to my chest and cried and cried, Addison rubbing circles on my back. I just said it. I admitted I’ve loved Zayn even when I claimed I hate him. I’ve admitted everything I’ve been feeling since day one – and that’s a lot. I’m miserable without him. He makes me so happy, and when he’s happy without me… I snap and break, I want to kiss him, make him happy myself, and have him hold me… I’d be his one and only… I cry more and then I realize there’s one bright spot in my mindless misery – Zayn supposedly loves me back.

                I lift my head out of my hands and Addy’s giving me a sympathetic look. “Addison?” She nods signaling me to finish, “How do you know Zayn loves me?”

                “He saved you; he never left your side… The way he looks at you, eyes full of love and happiness when you two are together.” Addison continues rubbing my back as I blubber more, “Harry offered to go in to save you but Zayn pushed him off and screeched, ‘I DON’T CARE IF I CAN’T SWIM! The girl I love is drowning. I HAVE TO SAVE HER!’ If that isn’t enough, I walked into the hospital room and he was crying as he was saying, ‘Katie… Be okay, for me… Please, be okay…’ How can you be so blind? He’s loved you since the day he met you, from day one. And I didn’t even know them until day two and I could see it…”

                Addison pauses as I let out another loud sob, “Please, just go make it better with him. Two of my best friends are miserable… Do you know how that makes me feel, the boys too… They all love you so much… No one wants to see a best friend be upset… Please, just go tell him you love him… Doesn’t matter the outcome… It’ll make the both of you feel so much better.”

                I stand up slowly and wipe my eyes, “I’ll be back soon. Ad, save me some of whatever you make for dinner.” Without looking back, I walk out the door and down the hallway to the love of my lifes apartment.

                Zayn answers the door with a smile on his face and invites me in. I stroll in, sit on the couch and look at him. “Zayn…can we speak a moment?”

AUTHORS NOTE:

OMG. CLIFFHANGER.

AJCGHUFV ONLY LIKE TWO CHAPTER LEFT not including an epilogue…

AWWWWWWW! POOR KATIE BEAR! :(

-Cadie:’(