ii. STILES' GIRLFRIEND

Start from the beginning

Stiles took her finger and wrapped his significantly larger hand around hers as he smiled slightly and sighed. Opening his mouth to say something, he was interrupted.

"Stilinski! Quit talking to your girlfriend and play goal!" Finstock yelled across the field.

Both their eyes widened and Stiles quickly let go of Violet's hand and she looked anywhere but his face. Her cheeks went red and she swiftly stood up and climbed back up the bleachers.

"Coach, that's my sister." Scott mentioned from his position, being slightly angered at his comment about Violet dating Stiles.

"Well, good luck with that, McCall." The coach mumbled, walking away.

✦✧✦

Later that day, Violet found out that Scott had landed a date with Allison at Lydia's party when he showed up at Stiles's house while he and Violet had been researching werewolves and such.

"You can't go on that date." Violet insisted, repeating what Stiles had previously said. The only difference about her statement was that she chose not to repeat that there was probably a whole pack of wolves just waiting to get their hands on her brother.

"I can't believe you guys are wasting my time with this werewolf stuff! I'm picking up Allison in an hour!" Scott protested.

"I saw you on the field today, Scott. What you did was not only amazing, alright—" Stiles started.

"It was impossible." Violet finished.

"I just made a good shot." Scott mumbled.

"Good shot, my ass! Have you noticed you don't need your inhaler anymore? Your asthma is horrible, I would know. Scott, everything adds up! This is what you are. And you're  gonna have to believe it one way or another." Violet said, giving her brother an apologetic look.

"Ugh, I can't think about this now. Can we talk about it tomorrow?" Scott huffed.

"No! The full moon is tomorrow night! Your bloodlust is going to be at its peak." Violet exclaimed.

"Don't you get it? What are you trying to do? I made first line, I have a date with the girl who I can't believe wants to go out with me, everything in my life is somehow perfect, why are you two trying to ruin it?" Scott yelled in frustration.

Violet winced back, the last time someone had yelled at her like that was her father when she accidentally got in the way of him watching television. Sure she was only a toddler when it happened, but the memory burned itself into her mind. Unconsciously slightly jolting back, Violet grabbed onto Stiles's hand while Scott yelled some more and flipped a chair over before storming out.

"Uh, Vi?" Stiles said while she looked stunned in place. "You're still holding my hand." He said softly as he turned in front of her and she looked into his amber eyes.

"He's never yelled at me like that before." Violet whispered, her voice trembling with fear of her older brother. The one who was supposed to protect her like her father couldn't, just scared the living hell out of her.

Stiles took the honorary big brother opportunity and carefully wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her in closer until her head was on his chest and when he felt her sniffing, Stiles reassured Violet that it was okay to cry.

Violet pulled away, then wiped the tears off her face and gulped down her cry, "no." She said, "I'm not gonna cry. He just got upset about the whole werewolf thing. He didn't mean it, I was the one who said he couldn't go on the date. It's like he said, everything's going right for him for once. We shouldn't stand in the way of that."