How It Began

Inks P.O.V
I was 5 years old and my brother said we were moving to California. My brother is mean to me...and usually drunk. Ever since our mom died a few months ago life's been pretty hard. Hopefully I'll make at least one friend here. "I think California might be nice" I told my brother. "Don't get your hopes up Kiddo" he replied. We made it to our apartment. There were woods behind it. It seemed like the perfect place for drawing! And exploring. I got out of the car and told my brother I was going into the woods. He said "okay". I went into the woods and picked up a stick. I went deeper into the woods after a while I felt like....I wasn't alone. I heard a stick snap. "Hello?" I said. But there was no answer. I continued walking and the feeling got stronger. I felt a hand on my shoulder and quickly turned around and there was a boy that looked about my age. "Heya" he said. "Hello" I replied. "I'm Error! Who are you" he asked. "The names ink" I replied. He smiled. "That's a nice name. Can I call you Inky?" He asked. "Uh...sure" I replied confused. "Where did you come from?" He had so many questions. "The apartment building just a few minutes away" I said. "No way me to!" He exclaimed. "You must be the new neighbor!" He said excitedly. "Yeah" I said. "And my older brother is there to". "You have a brother?" He asked. "So do I! Well two brothers. Ones older and ones younger than me." He explained. "Cool" I said. It started to get dark. "Hey maybe we should head on back" I said. He nodded took my hand and started walking back with me fallowing and blushing the whole time.

Error P.O.V
I can't believe we live in the same apartment building Inky already seems cool. I have a feeling this could be the start of an amazing friendship. I'm not gonna lie she's kinda cute. We arrived back at the apartment building and we walked inside. "What apartment are you in?" I asked her. "203" she replied. "Cool your near me! I'm in 204" I said. She smiled. "Well at least I live near a friend" she said. Her voice was so soft and...gentle. "Well I guess I should go and see if paps needs any help. But I'll see you later. And thanks error" she said as she walked away. "Friend!?" For some reason I felt so happy she called me her friend! I walked to my apartment and was greeted by my mom. "Hi Error how was your day?" She asked. "Good" I replied. "And I made a new friend!" I exclaimed. "That's wonderful sweetheart" she said as she placed my dinner in front of me". "I saw her" my older brother geno said. "She seems really nice". "She's awesome" I said. I couldn't wait to see her again.