Romeo's, Tree Jumping and Proximity

Start from the beginning

Chase's eyes flickered to her lips and he had the urge to kiss her, and her vice versa.

But their moment was cut short when they heard the voices getting louder.

"No, my parents are home, we can't go through the door- it's okay though, my balcony is open," Said Lauren from underneath the balcony.

Skylar pulled apart first, getting off the bed.

"What do we do?" She said slightly freaking out.

"Uh? What?" Chase said zoning out for a minute, looking at Sky's lips. "Oh, I mean we have to jump onto the tree"

"What no way, if we fall we will break a bone or two,"

"And what? you'd rather confront Lauren and tell her what we were doing at her house?" Chase countered, "I'll jump first"

The tree was about 5 feet away from the balcony, and only had a couple of branches at the top to hang onto. Luckily since it was extremely dark and the balcony was so high up Lauren couldn't see them up above- in other words, it was the only way out.

"Wait-"

Chase went onto the balcony stepped on the ledge and jumped- before Skylar could say anything. Skylar saw him miss the first branch- and her breath caught in her throat, as she listened for the thump but it never came- at the last moment, he caught onto smaller branch a couple of feet down.

She looked down at the ground, then heard the voices getting louder

"God please rid me of all my sins and keep me safe from this buffoonery I promise I will not try you again anytime soon, amen," She prayed before taking a deep breath and jumping from the ledge. However, she tripped falling from the ledge.

"Fuckkkkkkk," She yelled as she caught onto one of the branches. She held onto the branch for dear life, but then quickly, scaled down the tree and ran to her car- where Chase was already waiting.

"Let's never do that again," She gasped as she was out of breath.

"Agreed," Chase said as he looked her up and down before noticing the gash on her thigh.

"Shit you're bleeding!" Chase said "Let's go to the hospital"

He said worriedly as Skylar looked down at her leg and noticed the pain as the adrenaline wore off.

"It's okay, I'll just go home and get it bandaged," She said nonchalantly but felt her leg burning.

"No, what if it's infected," He said worriedly as his eyebrows wrinkled together in an adorable way.

"Not the hospital," Skylar said because she hated the smell of hospitals

"Fine, I am taking you home- I have a full nursing kit at home. This way I'll know for sure you'll be fine and I won't feel as guilty," He said sheepishly.

Chase drove them to his house muttering how sorry he was to Skylar about a hundred times.

5:06 A.M

As Skylar sat on the kitchen countertop- she could only thank the lord that she had shaved her legs the night before. Since a branch had ripped through her jeans and cut her thigh, it was a minor cut and quite frankly Chase was overexaggerating a lot, but Skylar enjoyed the attention. So there she sat in one oversized t-shirt waiting for her knight in shining armor to aid her.

As Chase walked into the room- he was pleasantly shocked. Skylar even though having jumped through a balcony window, into a tree while cutting her leg on a branch-still looked good. His eyes trailed from her hair that was in a bun, to her- or rather his oversized t-shirt down to her long tanned legs. His breath caught in his throat, and he found that in the past month or two, he has had this exact reaction to her quite a number of times. To him, she was an oddly comforting sight. That was before he saw the cut on her leg and the guilt resurfaced.

Chase moved over on the chair next to Sklar and unpacked the kit on the counter. Skylar's right leg was on his lap- and she was almost sitting on him. They were very close and all Chase had to do was look up to see the tiny freckles that were adorned on Skylar's nose that you could never tell even existed from a distance.

As he dabbed the cotton on her leg- Skylar blushed. Because here was an attractive boy with the clearest blue eyes and a heart of gold, fixing her up. As his hands brushed her thighs she felt small sparks fly along her skin- and it seemed like they were all heading straight for her heart.

"You do know that the Springbreak party is tomorrow, right?" Skylar said lightly, causing Chase to look up at her and get momentarily distracted from the task on hand- fumbling a little bit.

"Yeah, what's the plan?" He asked gently as he put ointment onto the cut- disinfecting it.

"I was thinking- we could go as a couple- you know? I mean it would get back at Jake... " She asked hesitantly, trailing off but was only met by the shocked silence from Chase.

"Unless you don't want to, which is completely under-"

"No, no I think that's a great idea," He said with a smile, "When should I pick you up?"

Ready for rejection, she was surprised by his answer, "7:30 is perfect,"

"Be warned my mother will want pictures, and of course we have to wreck some havoc while we are there- here I'm done," He said grinning as he finished bandaging her leg.

"Wouldn't expect any less," She smiled.

I UPDATED WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

I know i didn't update for so long guys- sorry school started and my motivation fell. Also I'm a lazy fuck. But the next chapter will be out soon and beware it is the best one yet (WE FINALLY GET SOME CHASE+SKY ACTIONNNNNN). ALSO IF U NOTICE ANY MISTAKES/ ERRORS KINDLY POINT THEM OUT. THANK UUU

AND WHAT THE FUCK WE ALMOST HAVE 100K READS???? THANK U ALL SO MUCH I ACTUALLY CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS !!! IM SO EXCITED AND JUST SO Y'ALL KNOW THE SPRINGBREAK PARTY IS NEXT CHAPTER AND I JUST KNOW THAT IT IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER EVER.

AND AS ALWAYS PLEASE BE SURE TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE I REALLY DO VALUE YOUR INPUT!