Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

    Why?

    She opened her mouth to ask him things but he beat her to it.

    "I was young. I remember having a mother but she is just a blur to me." he started and at the mention of Zach's mom; she immediately shut up. "I remember dad is oblivious in my case. He's always in the company running things. My grandfather thinks of him as weak for falling in love. In my grandfather's perceptive and belief, falling in love is a weakness; a wimp. He raised my father into a hard boiled exterior. What he failed to do is harden his interior." she noticed the way Zach clenched his fists along with his eyes shutting tightly. "My father fell in love with my mother, she became his weakness that has our enemies targeting her. Dad became distracted in protecting her that he nearly destroyed the company. Grandpa was very furious. So when I was born, he isolated me." a deep breath on Zach's part as things are getting harder.

    "I was raised and kept in the East Wing of the mansion. Only Liz is tolerated to come and feed me, taking care of me while mom is only allowed to come to me when permitted. Other times, it's only my tormentors and me. Since the day I learned to walk and talk, grandpa has his warriors train me; beating me up in my waking times even in my sleeping times." Lex's breath hitches on her throat, imagining a tiny kid being beaten to pulp as tears threaten to fall from her eyes.

    "My grandpa swore to mold me into something he failed to do with my father, that's why he did it. I was seven when everything became all twisted. I never got to talk to my father at all after that. I even barely saw my mom. My grandpa is always angry at me, pushing me to my limits until I feel like I could die then and there. It was Liz who comes and feeds me in my dark room when I am too weak or too beaten to even feed my self" a sob escaped Alexandrielle's mouth as she covered it but Zach knows better. Still, he continues...

    "I learned to become hard, both inside and out. Yet, the loneliness is overwhelming to me; it drove me close to insanity. My grandpa thought that being isolated is not enough to harden my insides, so he has to use his Barbies." Lex's eyes widen. 'Please don't say what I'm thinking' she pleaded in her mind as her shattered heart pounded erratically in sheer determination to just beat.

    "I was nine when I was raped. The night after that, I don't remember anything. I just have visions of two women taking me away and bringing me into a cottage in a forest. It's all a blur and every time I try to remember, my head would always hurt until I couldn't take it anymore. I never saw my mom after that nor heard anything about her. She just disappeared. But I know deep down, I'm missing something so important. I was thirteen when I was finally released. My father never the same as the last time I spoke to him. He seems dead somehow." Zach closes his eyes again, hating the way he remembers his dad's dead eyes and hollow look. 'Will I look like that too when Lex will finally leave me?' he asked himself before opening his eyes and continuing.

    "Life continues on for me. I tried to live a normal life but somehow I know I'm far from it. The training continued, only, it increased. Not only do I train for survival and fighting, I am also trained in keeping my emotions to myself, yet my other side is not having any of that." At the mention of his other side, he feels saddened while his now dead side takes a peek for its presence to be known. But now, his greeting is full of menace and sinister.

    "I then met Kayla." she stiffened even more at this. "I was intrigued by her because she's a female dominant. All males want a female for themselves but they are just rare. My other side wants nothing to do with her for an unknown reason but I just didn't think much of it until I met you" he looked at her in the eyes and saw her having a storm of emotions. He wanted to comfort her but at the same time, rip her throat out. The dead side is really getting stronger.