Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)

~0o0~

What I hated about you the most was the false sense of safety you gave me, when you were the most detrimental to me. You convinced me there were endless happiness and smiles on the other side, who knew you could drag so many unhealthy tendencies out of me.

I grabbed your strong hand that yanked my limp body up. I remember flying into your shoulder, too weak to stand on my own. Your aroma was so entrancing even when you were covered in steam and titan blood. I remember not being very grateful for you saving me. My father was just devoured, I was just trying to follow in his footsteps like everybody told me.

I remember you dragging me to the nearest boat. I tried to run away and throw myself into another helpless situation. You grabbed me again and threw me down this time. You told me how stupid I was being, that she and many others were desperately trying to keep me and the others alive and that I was just a pansy. You promised me there'd be more opportunities to smile on the other side.

That time I stayed put. The thoughts that were floating around my head weren't somber, or hazy, it felt so sober. I just thought about what about tomorrow. and who was that girl? I just knew the next time I see her, I'll be matured and wise.

And who knew that next time might never come? Somehow I had gotten myself into another situation similar to the last. The titan had been peering at me with empty eyes through the brittle window. I cowered towards the corner of my blacksmith shop that I had built up. I grabbed the recently crafted blade, so it was moderately hot.

I noticed the titan wasn't doing much, it just stood there, seemingly content. I wanted to cry so badly, but I kept it in, in fear that it'd trigger the Titans that inhabited the area around me. All I heard was the crunches of bones from the neighbors that had been left behind as well, They were probably nothing more than corpses by now. Dang, screw these hollow walls. All I could focus on was the traumatizing sound of cannibalism.

Suddenly I felt a thud and the sound of the crushing of a house echoed. The titan that had been staring at me, created a panicked expression and began ripping open the windows of my workshop and screaming. And almost as if a chain reaction, multiple thuds occurred; thud, thud, thud. The sounds all around me merged, screams of nearby Titans, buildings being destroyed, the thuds and, my sounds of struggle.

The titan had successfully infiltrated my house and grabbed hold of me. I used the blade that I picked up and stabbed the hand of the abnormally ugly titan. I thought I was losing my mind. The titan was maybe an inch away from shoving my head in its slimy mouth before I heard the sound of skin being severed. I realized I had been saved. But by who? I peeled the rotting titan's hand open just enough to breathe and looked towards the sky.

Of course, it was the same soldier who had saved my life multiple times before.

"Thank you!" I shouted at the soldier standing on my roof. She looked startled and down at me. I felt like she wanted to strangle me for getting in this much of a mess.

She shook her head as if to dismiss my existence.

"What's your name?" I asked, "I want to return the favor. You've saved me twice now, and I want to show my gratitude."

"Mikasa," she said in an inaudible tone. I smiled and began to look around me. Massive skeletons varying in size, maybe 10 of them, were evaporating. Dark red blood had painted the buildings and streets of my town square. I then looked back at her, never did I notice how beautiful she was. Her black hair was neck length and silky, I noticed evaporation springing from her dulled blades.

"So, I'm guessing you did this. Why are you here though? I thought everyone had evacuated an hour ago." I said.

"I'm searching for someone important to me, " She clenched the red scarf around her neck. "So they left without me."

"Who is this person? Maybe I can help you search for them. Besides your blades are dull. I can't imagine you being able to hold yourself up without a weapon."

She turned to me and analyzed my situation. Then she jumped down from the rooftops and cut the titan's hand open with the remaining blade. I wiggled myself out and stood up. My entire body felt weak, and my hand felt burned from the blade earlier that did me no good.

I stared at her and noticed her determined look. Whoever she was searching for was good heavens important, "Let me go fetch some clean blades." I excused myself.

After a couple minutes, I came with a crate of them, "I meant to send them out to the army earlier but I got sidetracked and the Titans invaded the walls." She remained silent and just reloaded her stock. I think it was beyond obvious how exhausted we both were.

"Do you remember me?" I asked after minutes of watching her slowly restock in silence.

"No." She bluntly replied.

"Right, you probably have saved hundreds. I'm no special." I felt weaker after every moment, not just physically now, but emotionally. The person who has motivated me for the past couple months cant even recall me.

She looked up at me and began analyzing my face. She just stared at me. Then her eyes widened a bit and her face reddened. It was odd but I wasn't going to address it, I didn't know her in that way so it was probably nothing. Besides, she probably has a boyfriend in her region though.

Once she stood up again she started fidgeting with her gear, making a few adjustments before taking off again.

"So I'm guessing this is it, huh?" I murmured, looking down as I twidled my thumbs. "It was nic-"

"Whoever said that?" She interrupted.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm not allowed to leave you here. You're a citizen, remember?"

"Oh, I just assumed that you'd leave me here, as at the moment you're acting on your own without any higher command."

She didn't respond. Instead, she swiftly approached me and lifted me up by the legs, carrying me like a toddler who had just gotten in trouble.

"Are you sure the gear can support our wei-" before I could finish my sentence she zipped up and I was silenced. This situation reminded me too much of our first forgotten meeting.

Damn. I thought before my conscious was swept away from me.

~0o0~

A/n: my bad if it feels empty, I've been busy lately and idk what else. I'll probably do Weiss next again, no promises.