Chapter II

When I woke up, I realized I wasn't home

  Not even close.

The room wasn't a room. It was more like a prison cell. The small cramped space had a hard floor, and was surrounded by metal bars.  I lay on a small cot with a single blanket 

I stood up, but was quickly tugged backwards.

  There was a clear mask-like thing covering my mouth and nose. I followed the attached tube until it stopped at a large bottle shaped container. I pulled the mask off, looking around.

    How had I gotten here?

I remembered that I had been trying find a way to help dad and then. . . Dad! I had almost forgotten, something had been wrong.

  I grabbed the metal bars, shaking them.  When I touched them, I recoiled instantly. Whatever the bars were made of stung my hands. 

   I turned back, grabbing the large container.  It was heavy, maybe heavy enough to break or at least bend the bars. 

   I struggled,  but eventually lifted the tank, slamming it as hard as I could,  into the bars. It made a loud ringing sound, but barely scuffed them.

   I hit the bar again and again, but it did nothing. 

The sound left my ears ringing as I slumped back down on the wall. 

  When my ears stopped ringing, I heard footsteps.

   People were coming from the stairs at the far end of the hallway. 

The footsteps stopped.

   "Alright, where's the rouge?" I heard a  voice say.  It was intimidating and powerful.

"Right this way, Alpha Noveno." A softer, female sounding voice said. 

  People?

  I cranned my neck to see through the bars, without actually touching them. 

  Three figures stepped out of the shadows.  Two men, led by a women.

   They walked over to me 

"Here she is." The woman said.

I looked at them, my eyes  lingering on the tallest man.

     His honey- toned eyes pierced through me. His hair was short, wavy and black. His build was strong and muscular. A spray of stubble lined his jaw.

   He was handsome, and the sudden strange attraction for him was undeniable. It wasn't like some crush I'd had as a kid on Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. It was more. Much more.

   I needed him. Needed to be near, to touch, to hold him.

"Mate." The man growled deeply.

What?

   "Alpha Noveno, Beta Parker needs to speak to you

   "Alpha Noveno, Beta Parker needs to speak to you. Its urgent."

I sighed setting down my paperwork. He knew I always had an insufferable amount of work to do on weekends, why was he interrupting?

"Send him in." I said, pinching the bridge of my nose in irritation.

Parker walked through the door.

"What's the problem, Parker?"I asked.

"A rouge. On the western border."

This caught my attention. We hadn't had any rogues dare cross out territory since my father was still the Alpha.

  "Did you capture them?"

  "Yes. She's in the cells as of now. She was panicked and wheezing when Kimberly found her, she went unconscious on the way here. The result of an asthmatic attack, apparently. "

Her? It was rare for females wolves to end up as rogues, they were too smart for that. But, a rouge with asthma was a new, almost laughable idea. No one would risk their livelihood with a condition like that willingly.

"Alright, get Kimberly. We'll need her to identify the rouge."

I stood, following Parker out of my office. As we walked, Parker ordered an omega to find Kimberly.

She met us at the entrance of the cells. As we did a practically heavenly scent filled my nose.

"Alpha." Kimberly addressed, nodding her head slighlty.  I nodded my head back at her.

We walked down the stairs of the cells, finally reaching the bottom. I could hear a loud ringing coming from deep within the prison, the new scent growing stronger.

Finally, the ringing stopped.

"Alright, where's the rouge?" I asked.

"Right this way, Alpha Noveno." Kimberly said, indicating toward the dark hallway of the cells. We walked to the very end of the hall. Stopping in front of the cell.

"Here she is." Kimberly said plainly.

   My wolf was instantly roused. I felt his presence in the back of my head. He howled.

   When I looked at the woman in the cell, I knew exactly why he had suddenly perked up.

"Mate." I growled out.

   She was beautiful. Her skin was a deep mahogany, her eyes, a rich brown. Golden flecks glinted within them.

"Open the cell." I said, curtly.

Neither of them moved.

"I said, open the damn cell!" I growled.

Parker, somewhat surprised, fumbled with the keys hanging on a nearby hook. He was taking too long.

   Impatient,  I pulled the metal bars off, throwing them to the side, the quiet sizzle of silver against skin buzzing through the room.

    As I walked over to her, she just stared at me. I offered my hand and she slowly took it, pulling herself up. The sparks where more than obvious.

  She stared at her hand when she let go.

   I gently pulled her into my arms.

"I've been waiting so long for you."