Chapter 2

Flash's point of view ⚡️

It was the first time since the 'mirror catastrophe' that I got to see the new princess. I greeted her and her lovely friends and began to escort them through town just as I was ordered to. Making sure they were safe from any misfortune that may occur on their trip to the castle, I had to be especially careful with protecting the princess.

As a royal guard, it is out of decency and respect that we keep judgments, ideas and thoughts to ourselves when overhearing conversations. Unless we are asked for our opinion, it's policy to keep to ourselves.

I could feel a presence catch up to walk beside me. "Excuse me partner, but where is the party gonna be held?" The one with the cowgirl hat asked.

"I was instructed to refer to it as a 'private get together' with close ponies to Cadence, rather than a party." I answered her, honestly, keeping a polite tone.

"OOOOMMMGGG!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!!! I CAN BE IN CHARGE OF DECORATING???? LUCKY I BROUGHT MY PARTY CANNON!!!" The pink earth pony with a beaming smile and wide blue eyes squealed out her sentences excitedly.

"Pinkie! Calm the hoof down, okay?" Twilight calmed her by gripping onto her shoulders.

"As I said, a private get together is something they don't want to draw too much attention to. So, I don't think they'll appreciate the 'party cannon'." I chuckled out the last word but tried to keep serious.

"So how long will we be stayin' sugarcube?" I now presumed that her name was AppleJack from all the talking I've been hearing, her friends had mentioned it a few times.

"That wouldn't be my place to answer ma'am, maybe a question best saved for the prince and princess themselves." I replied with a formal smile.

I could see the castles doors coming up closer now. The Pegasus with the rainbow mane peered at my creamy orange wings that were folded up tightly.

"Hey I'm Rainbow Dash, the best flyer in PonyVille..." she boasted.

After a while I tuned out and my attention was turned to my left where I saw twilight. Her hooves were off pinkie but she was still bouncing cheerfully.

"We are here!" I boomed. The white unicorn flicked her mane with her hoof.
"Finally! that was an absolutely exhausting walk. Don't suppose you could get me a drink darling?"

"Sure, I'm open to any requests." I answered beaming.

"Just water darling, it's good for the skin." she answered battering her eyelashes gratefully.

"Okay. When we walk inside I'm going to announce you." I prepared to open the doors, when the girls were ready I opened the doors slowly. We were welcomed with a bellow of trumpets from crystal pony guards.

"Lady's first." I said to twilight, who was last in line, for the best of course. I gestured a hoof to the way of the door and she bushed but I pretended not to notice.

"Her highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle." I announced with a wide grin. She smiled at me happily.

"Welcome Twilight!" Celestia glowed proudly. I stood about 5 metres away from them politely giving them space.

"Twili!" Shining amour, accompanied by Princess Cadence, strode in.

"Sunshine, Sunshine, Ladybugs awake, clap your hooves and do a little shake." The two princesses sang intertwined with each others voices to become one, doing actions to follow their words. I couldn't help but smile at the ritual.

AppleJack noticed and giggled at me quietly.

"Okay," Princess Celestia started, "Flash Sentry will show Princess Twilight her sleeping quarters." At those words I faced the new princess and started walking towards her.

"Wait."

Shining Amour's voice echoed from the back of the group.

"I'm her brother, I think I should show her." he gave me an odd look.

"That won't be necessary Shining." Twilight snickered at him.

"Common honey lets go have some tea." Cadence requested.

"No! I mean no thank you Cadence."
Her eyes showed shock and she walked off to the next room looking slightly hurt. Princess Luna called after her. " I shall hath thy tea to keep you with company."

Celestia left each pony with a different guard and because Shining Armour had to get his way, I got left with the beautiful white unicorn from before. She had so many requests, including her drink of water from before and I felt like I was going to have a long night changing everything to make the room for for a princess.