Ichabod Crane vs Pinocchio

"And that concludes the first round of the 1940s," the hooded man announced.

Everyone gave a sly glance at Dumbo, knowing that he too came from the 1940s.

"Ah, yes, Dumbo. I certainly did not forget about you, but you have a bye this round. Meaning that, due to an uneven number of contestants, you will not participate this round, but this next one. You were picked by random selection," the hooded man explained.

Dumbo happily blew his trunk like a trumpet and he received a light round of applause.

"Now, from the first round, our next two contenders, please welcome back Ichabod Crane and Pinocchio!"

Ichabod and Pinocchio came out of the Victors Room whispering indistinctly to each other, not looking or seeming one bit bothered. Although, Ichabod did look a tad bit nervous.

"Welcome back, gentlemen. Please, step inside the ring."

Ichabod and Pinocchio took hands and entered the rings. The hooded man rolled his eyes.

In a matter of seconds they were transported to Pleasure Island, a place where naughty children were turned into donkeys. As before, the island was surrounded by a stadium filled with people.

"You know what to do," said the announcer.

Ichabod looked around for weapons, but the location was so large that he didn't know where to look.

"Over there, Mr. Crane," Pinocchio beamed.

"Don't look so happy," Ichabod scolded quietly.

At a nearby stand, that usually gave out cigars, three weapons were laid out: Stromboli's knife, a flaming jack-o-lantern, and Katrina's (Ichabod's love) umbrella. Ichabod picked up the umbrella just to smell it, and attempted to put it down.

"Your weapon has been chosen, Ichabod! Pinocchio, choose," the announcer said.

Ichabod seemed dumbfounded, and pretty upset. He reluctantly accepted his weapon and stepped off to the side to allow Pinocchio to pick his weapon. Pinocchio picked up Stromboli's knife. He didn't have very fond memories of Stromboli, considering he locked Pinocchio in a bird cage, but the knife seemed to be the most practical weapon for him.

"Begin!"

Ichabod immediately bolted for the nearby Ferris wheel and hopped on. Pinocchio followed in pursuit. The little wooden boy hopped onto the cart right below him, oddly, with a smile on his face.

Then, as they reached the top, Ichabod appeared to have lost his balance and he tumbled over the railing.

As he fell, Pinocchio waved as he fell and shouted, "Thanks, Mr. Crane!"

Ichabod Crane glared at Pinocchio for saying this, as he fell towards the concrete below.

And almost as quickly as it had started, it was over. Pinocchio had won.