7

"I think I need to go get dad," she smirks as she begins to get up.

"No, no! I'll be good. I'm fine. " I try to reach her to stop her but it's like glass in between the door frame, keeping me from her.

"I think it's time to get dad , " she laughs and the runs away. And, just like always, I am back on the bed with my father standing above me.

"It's time for your punishment," he looks at me with menacing eyes.

And then, right before his hand hits my face, he is gone, and I am in the chair with wires and Eric is standing. He had his fists clenched and is breathing heavily.

"You have to stop doing that," I scold him. It's the third day and he hasn't once let me get out of the simulation by myself.

"I cant," helmets out a ragged breath,"how do you expect me to watch that?" he asks with sad eyes

"Hey, hey," I get up and hug him. "It's just a simulation," I say rubbing his back. It seems a little odd that I'm the one whose comforting him.

"But it's not. You had to live through that"

"I know," I do know.

"Can't you get a new fear? that's all it's been for the past three days, and only that,"

"I don't think I can really do anything about it, Eric," I huff, rolling my eyes.

"Okay, okay. How bout some lunch?"

"Okay, I'm good with that." And we walk to the pit together.

"Can I ask you something?" he seems nervous.

"Yeah," I nod. Whatever it is, I can take it.

"Who is in the mirror? in your simulation, I mean,"

"My sister," I pick at the bread in my hands.

"Your twin?"

"No, she's just barley a year older,"

"Are you sure your not twins?"

"I'm sure," I laugh. "We look alike though, or so I'm sold."

"You look identical," he shakes his head.

"Well," I say shrugging my shoulders, not sure what else to say.

"Hm," he seems deep in thought. There was a moment of silence.

"The fear landscapes are in a week." He says looking down at his plate. "Maybe..." He trails off.

"Maybe?" I ask. Where is he going with this?

"Maybe, if I take you in your fear landscape more often,you can concur that fear so everybody doesn't have to see it. you can get over it and move on to the next one."

"Get over it?" I ask tilting my head, squinting up at him.

"I didn't mean it like that, you know that. I just mean if you can become not afraid of your father all the leaders can't see your father..." he trails off, not sure what to say. Neither do I, so I just stay silent and nod my head.

"Ok. So we have to do it once a day anyway, but after hours I can go into it with you and help you with it." I appreciate his offer so much but I still can't form words so I just nod and in twine my hand with his. His squeezes my small hand in his large one.

After a while longer the pit cleared out and there were just a few small boys roughing about. As I passed the children, I smiled. I look forward to see Eric walking infringement of me, leading me to wherever he wanted to take me. I look back at the boys play fighting and imagine what it would be like to have kids. Would it be hard? would it be easy? would it be fun, or miserable? and for a moment I wonder what it would be like if Eric was the father of my children; what it would be like to go on a walk in the city in the summer breeze. I see him picking up a squirming and giggling three year old girl with brunet waves cascading down her shoulders.

"You ok?" I shake from my daydream when I realize I stopped walking and Eric was a couple feet in front if me, looking at me confused.

"Y-yeah. yeah I'm great," I skip to where he was and we continued walking.

He lead me back to the dauntless initiate room and we stood semi-awkwardly together outside the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He says it as a question.

"Yeah," I nod and smile up at him. He smiles back.

"Yeah" he sways back and fourth. I nod my head again and start for the door knob. Much to my pleasure, I don't get that far.

Eric presses against me, pinning me to the wall. We stare into each others eyes for a moment before our lips crash together. I snake my hands behind his head and tug at his hair. Our kiss gets more heated as I feel his tongue swipe across my lip. I grant him access and his tongue dips into my mouth.

When we break, we are both out of breath. We just stare at each other,smiling.

"What's going on?" I jump when I hear a familiar voice behind us. Four.

"Nothing." I turn around, putting the most innocent face I could on. When you had a secret in candor, it forced you to learn how to lie. "I just wasn't sure where everybody went and I got lost. Eric here helped me out," I glance back at him and he smirks.

'Yes I did," Eric says leaning against the wall, starring smugly at four.

"Oh ok," Four seem a little confused.

"Well," I turn back to Eric. "Thank you and I'll see your tomorrow... at training," I spin around and walk to the door of the initiate room.

"At training," he nods and then he disappears behind the door.

------
Hellooooooo thank you for over 900 reads!!!! Asdfghjkl; Btw this story takes a year before tris and the whole divergent story. Just a reminder. Thank you all for reading. Tell your friends. Love you all! oh and please do..
*Follow
*comment
*vote!!!
Thank you