3. Rescue

°•《☆3rd P. O. V.☆》•°

"I see the pod princess," Shiro announced; turning a sharp corner with the red lion and it's pilot following close behind.

"Holy shit!" Pidge shouted.

"Language, young lady," shiro scolded through the radio.

"Sorry, but the pod's distress signal has been running for half a year. She's been in there for six months," she exclaimed with fascination.

"The oxygen levels are also severely low. The gases in the storm are completely toxic. You'd better hurry," she continued. This worried them even more.

"Well isn't that just great," Keith grumbled to himself. The two lions landed near the pod. It was crashed into a large boulder with skid marks traced into the ground behind it. The pod was covered with dents and strange plants. Some parts were still intact, others could be miles away.

"Even though its crashed, the pod still seems to be completely sealed," Keith said stepping closer after exiting his lion. The gravity was low, making him feel much lighter.

"That's because it is. She must have been in hypersleep this entire time," Pidge explained with her eyes glued to the hologram screen in front of her.

"Hyper- what now?" Lance asked with a confused expression. Nothing else was to be expected from the lady killer.

"Hypersleep, it's like when animals hybernate but it's much deeper. Some think it's so deep that you don't even dream," she answered.

"Well thats not terrifying at all," Hunk stated with a drop of sweat on his brow.

"Will she wake up when we get her?" Keith asked while cutting down a few fines that stringes around the pod.

"I doubt it, if she's been sleeping for six months why would she wake up for you," Pidge snickered. The only response she got was an unamused sigh from Keith and intense wheezing from Lance.

"Shiro, I found the door," Keith announced, pulling back a few plants that hung in the way. Shiro turned with a proud smile.

"Nice work," he said after patting his shoulder. His arm glowed brightly and the door opened automatically. It sealed behind them before another door revealed what was behind it in the main deck of the pod.

The pod was small so it wasn't long before they saw the girl laying of the floor in front of them. She faced away from them on her side, the quiet echo of her breathing was the only sound that was heard along with strong whistling breezes outside.

"Go ahead and grab her. I'll shut down the distress signal," Shiro said stepping over the girl and over to the control panel. Keith knealed next to her. He pushed her over to face him and wrapped an oxygen mask around her head. His eyes widened, seeing the metal limbs that connected to her torso and the long, white hair flowing down her back and chest.

"Uh, Shiro?"

"What is it?" He glanced behind him but did a double take after seeing the robotic replacements. They both hesitated.

"Princess, are you seeing this?" Keith asked, confused on what they should do.

"Unfortunately, yes," she stopped and pondered, touching her finger to her chin. She clenched her fist lightly. "Carry on," her decision surprised the rest. They didn't expect it from someone who was so against the Galrha.

Keith nervously lifted her off the ground. She was a bit heavy, but that was to be expected of someone half metal.

He carried her back to the lion when Shiro was finished and set her down next to his chair. He glanced down at her figure every so often, taking in how pretty she really was. Keith sighed and flew back to the castle.