8

When Maria finally got home later that evening, it seemed as though everyone else had a hectic day. She and Elena finally got to sit down and talk about the supernatural in mystic falls. How Elena was a doppelganger and related to that girl, Katherine. About Jeremy and how much he'd been through. The full story of what happened to Jenna and John. About everything they'd done, how Vicki had been turned into a vampire three years ago up until how Vicki had tried to kill her not that long ago.
"Well you've had a hectic time." She said once Elena finally finished. She debated whether to tell Elena about her being a powerful witch, but there was a reason she hadn't before. "But Vicki's foothold on the other side had to have been stronger than that of an average witch."
"What do you mean?" Elena asked.
"Normal witches don't have enough power to do a spell that powerful. They'd have to be really really old, or really powerful or both." She explained. "Why would a witch help Vicki come to this side? Vicki's a vampire, and witches usually hate vampires. That witch would have a far more clever agenda than just bringing a vampire back. Besides didn't you say Vicki told Matt that a witch from the other side told her that your life is the problem?"
"Yes."
"Hmm, it's probably nothing. I might be thinking too hard into this." She told her. "I just need to get something out. I don't hate you. I know it might seem like I do, but you're my sister and I could never hate you. Sure you're annoying and a huge pain, but never someone I can hate. That said, I hate Damon. He murdered our little brother once and if you can forgive him for that, you're being a huge hypocrite for hating Klaus. Also, I am allowed to hate Klaus, because I also hate Damon for being a prick. I don't think I'll ever forgive him, or approve no matter how much he loves you or you him."
"I- I don't love him. I'm in love with Stefan."
"Who are you trying to convince?" Maria retorted. "I'm also moving out. I have a place I can stay, and my friends are coming over tomorrow, so they'll be staying over with me."
"You're visiting a lot, though. Right?"
"Definitely. Who else is going to make sure you don't end up dying?" Maria joked. She walked out of the room, muttered a quick goodbye to Jeremy, and walked back into her room. Of course she got her suitcase from Jeremy's room, she couldn't leave her magicians guide and objects just anywhere, though it was spelled shut.

As she walked to her new home, she felt a presence. Someone following her. Looking around, she pulled her jacket together forming a protection spell in her mind.
"Relax, babe." A familiar voice called. She froze, before slowly turning around. "I'm not going to hurt you."
"I don't know who you are but this sick game your playing isn't going to end well for you."
"It's really me, promise. Cross my nose and hope to fly." The man used a phrase Maria recognised.
"Oh Xander. How?"
"I'm still dead, babe. But something happened over here. A spell. I suppose the dead can come into the land of living now. Look." He said. He moved his index and middle finger up to her forehead, touching a spot in the middle. Gently, he flicked her nose, startling her.
"Hey!" She complained. "Leave my nose alone."
"But it's a cute nose." He joked.
"Come on. I'll show you to my new house. You should be honoured. You're the first person, witch, dead, alive person to visit."
"I'm not alive."
"You kind of are."
"I'm really not. But whatever, still." They stopped in front of a house. It was probably too big for one person, but Maria didn't exactly plan to stay alone. "You should meet up with my lawyer."
"That's the first thing you say to me when you're in the land of the living? And why?"
"Because, he was supposed to get in touch with you. I left some stuff to you."
"You didn't."
"In the event of my death, I name Maria Lorde as my inheritor. Money from my trust fund should be given to her, where she can access it from the age of 21. I wish for my house to be sold and my car to be given to her effective immediately. The money from my house should go to a charity fund of her own choice once she turns 21. Any and all personal items should be given to her, also effective immediately."
"Really?"
"Yes, really. But you being in London might have made it harder for him to track you down on your 21st birthday. My car was given to you already though, I see."
"Yeah. He gave it to me after the funeral. And your things too. I'll go to your lawyer when I can. Right now it's me and you."
"Good." He walked into her room and jumped on the bed.
"You're still so childish."
"Of course I am. But so are you. I've been watching over you."
"Have you now?"
"Definitely. As a witch our ancestors wanted me here, but then you were leaving and I couldn't stay behind."
"You travelled across the pond for me?"
"Yep. Met your friends, that guy Micheal seems funny."
"He's hilarious sometimes."
"And you like him."
"What do you mean?"
"It's okay. I'm dead, and you need to move on. I see how much you hold yourself back because I'm still lingering in your thoughts, and I'm here to tell you it's alright. You're allowed to fall for another guy. You've only been with Klaus since, well me. That was 5 years ago. Klaus was pretty recent, I admit but don't hold back on his or my account. Your happiness is what matters. And as much as I hate to admit it, Michael makes you happy. He brings a smile to your face and well, I am dead. I'm your past, but he could be your future. And Klaus isn't worth your tears. I know you feel like something goes wrong every time you open your heart to someone, but it's not you. It's just a risk you have to take. I'm glad you took that chance with Klaus because he showed you how to love again, and I know you really hate him right now and don't plan on ever forgiving him but deep down you still love him. And that's okay, because loving someone as much as you loved Klaus doesn't go away without a mark, but eventually it does go away. And you have family, not to mention a certain someone you're developing feelings for."
"What about you? You witches are together on the other side aren't you? Will you find anyone?"
"Doubtful. But you never know. Communicating with each other behind the veil does make things easier."
"I want you to try. Try to find someone you can love. Try to be happy."
"I'll try."
"Good. Now come on. Today is still me and you." Maria jumped off the bed and raced to the living room. She brought her laptop and a blanket. "Get the ice cream. I stocked up."
"Of course you did."
"Shush, go fetch." Maria shooed him away.