"Woah, are you flirting with me?"

Amelia

Nick

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insomnia Helpline, how may I be at your service."

"Hey! What's up Amelia," Nick say happily.

"Better now that you've called."

"Woah, are you flirting with me?"

"No. Sorry- I didn't mean it like that. I was just bored. Sorry buddy, strictly platonic."

"Wow, way to burst a guy's ego."

"I'm sorry, it's just-"

 Amelia's sincere apology was rudely interrupted as Nick howled with laughter. 

"Wow, are you serious? I actually was sorry."

"Sorry, you're just so pure and adorable."

"i don't really know if that's an insult or compliment."

"Sweetheart, trust me, it's a compliment."

"Yo, Nick, man, you wanna play Wii with us?" 

                        Amelia didn't know why but the voice sounded oddly familiar. Then again, she had lots of clients so it must've been one of them.

"Yeah, of course. Oh, and Everett? Can you get me a Monster while you're there?" 

                     "Wait, hold up? Everett? What are the chances that Nick's Everett is also My Everett?" Amelia questioned in her head. No, no doubt it was her Everett. The voice had the same deep yet rasp that she always found comfort in. Even though they hadn't talked since Everett's birthday, she could still recognize that voice.

"You get it yourself, you lazy arse. Who are you even talking to dude?"

                      As much as Amelia wanted to say "hi", for some odd reason. she stayed silent. It wasn't really her place to intrude in on their conversation and Nick didn't know that the two knew each other, nor did he need to. 

"I'm just calling a friend."

                       Amelia smiled at the thought that Nick considered them friends after only two phone calls. 

"Hurry up man! I didn't come to my best friend's house for him to leave me for another friend."

                     It was a little strange to hear Everett talk so laid back, considering when they talked, he was formal in a way. 

"Ugh," Nick groaned. 

"Sorry, 'Melia, my friend's being annoying. Call you later?"

"Yeah, sure."

"K, talk to you later, alligator." 

                       Amelia's only response was a chuckle and then she ended and Nick played Wii with his annoying friend, Everett.