Chapter Four

(Dawn)

It was awfully quiet on Brielle's plane, but, what was there to expect; we were the only people on it. Besides, I was still in quite a bit of shock after watching a bunch of people turn a bunch of different weapons, not to mention gold and silver ones, into sleek vehicles that went very, very fast. Curiosity was getting the best of me, however, because I kept wondering the same things over and over again. How could be a ninja? How would I be a ninja? Of course, I'm a teeny bit socially awkward, and, while sitting there in the passenger seat in the aircraft, I was attempting to call forth the courage to ask those particular questions. 

After about five or so minutes, I did, and, after I spoke, Brielle seemed quite relieved to have had someone break the silence. 

"Well, you see, Zane, the blonde ninja, he has a sixth sense, and he can usually tell what kind of people certain individuals are. I suppose he figured that you were fit to be a light elemental. As for your other question, I'm sure Sensei will have one of us train you to use whatever weapon you posses, and the basics of being a ninja." Brielle explained all of this so calmly, all the while keeping her eyes on the clouds ahead. 

So Zane was his name...

The mere thought of fighting evil made my head pound and my hands get clammy. I could barely throw a punch, for crying out loud!

"Um, what exactly are you the ninjas of?" I asked, still curious.

Brielle smiled. "I'm the silver ninja of air, Zane is the white ninja of ice, Cole is the black ninja of earth, Kai, the guy with messy hair, is the red ninja of fire, and Jay, the one with the overabundance of freckles, is the blue ninja of lightning," she summed up.

The rest of the ride was awkwardly silent, until, eventually, the plane began its descent, and a tall building came into view. Brielle landed in a large parking lot. A sign in the grass said that the building was a school for "ninja in training."

We stepped out of the plane, me tugging my luggage behind me. As Brielle shrunk her plane into silver fan blades, the rest of the ninja pulled into the parking lot and got out of their respective vehicles, turning them back into golden weapons. 

Cole handed Butterscotch back to me. Once again, I was weighed down with three huge bags. My stuff, Butterscotch, and his stuff. I followed them into the school. The building was eerily quiet, but, it was around sunset, so all of the students would be gone.

Zane's eyes locked with mine for a quick second, and my heart fluttered. No, Dawn, keep it together. You're here to become a ninja. Not to date a ninja. All of a sudden, a weight had lifed from my arms, and I realized that the blonde boy had wordlessly taken one of the bags of luggage from me, and helped me carry it into an elevator, where all six of us piled in.

The one ninja - with messy hair - pressed a button that said Top Floor. Elevator music and my cat's meows disrupted the silence.

After an eternity, we reached the top floor of the building. It consisted of a long hallway, with three doors on either side, and one at the end. The end door was the only one that wasn't shut tight, but rather slightly ajar. I heard hushed voices coming from it, drifting into the hall.

"Put Dawn's stuff in Nya's room," the messy-haired ninja mumbled.

I stopped, confused. Zane opened one door and placed a bag in there. I followed suit, and then we followed the others down the hallway, our footsteps muffled on the brown carpet. Once at the end, the freckled ninja, whom wore entirely blue, knocked on the door. The argumentative conversation on the other side ceased.