Chapter One

(Brielle)

Life had been, interesting, per say, since I defeated Arachne. A lot of stuff went down, really, but none of it really involved me. It all centered around Lloyd Garmadon and his father; they had a big battle because Lloyd is the master of all elements, and his father, Lord Garmadon, was the king of the Underworld. There was this stone army that raged through the city and a battle between ninja and evil that took place at the heart of the city, but pretty much all of the metropolis was affected.

A man named Cyrus Borg fixed us up, though, and now Ninjago City is all tech:  there are hover-cars and robots, called help-bots, and all sorts of new gadgets. Nariah and I live in an all new apartment with all sorts of contraptions that we haven't totally figured out yet!

It's been pretty peaceful, otherwise, since the Evil Overlord (or whatever) was killed, and, honestly, it all had been really nice until one rather chilly November afternoon, when our phone rang quite urgently.

"Hello?" I asked, snatching the phone up from it's holder.

"Yeah, um, Brielle, you need to get over here," came Cole's voice on the other end, "like, now."

"Uh, okay, I'll be there in a few," I replied, hanging up. I then quickly pulled on some shoes and a jacket, scribbling a note to Nariah as I briskly walked out of the door, the lock clicking behind me.

The drive to the academy was a surprisingly quick one, considering how far it was from the city. I parked my hover-car in the lot and thrust open the front door just as Nya entered the lobby.

"Nya!" I gasped, "Cole wanted to see me?"

Nya looked up and jumped at the sight of me, nearly dropping the stack of papers in her hands. "Brielle! Thank gosh you're here, Sensei, like, really needs to see you! Here, follow me," she babbled. With a shrug, I trailed behind her into a glass elevator.

"Why does he need me?" I wondered aloud, leaning against the wall as various floors zipped past us. Stereotypical elevator music played softly in the background.

"Oh," Nya ran a hand through her bob of black hair, "he's seen a prophecy!"

My blue eyes grew wide in shock. A prophecy? Now?

Sensei's room was dead silent when I slid open the door. He stood there, his old face grim, surrounded by the ninja, even Lloyd. I was surprised he found the time in between signing autographs and stopping random crimes to attend a meeting such as this one. 

I caught Cole's eye, and he smiled, looking positively adorable in his brown sweater and khakis. I smiled back, feeling slightly self conscious in my sweatshirt and battered jeans. 

Sensei Wu looked up. "Ah, Brielle, you are finally here. Now, for the prophecy. Luckily, I wrote it down on parchment while it was fresh in my mind."

He then took out a scroll from the folds of his robe and proceeded to read from it. No sound was heard when he finished speaking, and all of our eyes were as wide as Wu's rice hat.

"Um, Uncle Wu, what do you mean 'evil's daughter'?" Lloyd spoke first.

Next was Jay, "Yeah, and isn't Lloyd already the gold ninja?"

"Please don't tell me that there is another new enemy," I muttered under my breath. 

"No, Lloyd is still, really, the green ninja, as told by the accents on his gi," Sensei explained. He was right, there was an awful lot of green on Lloyd's otherwise gold suit. "Lloyd speaking of you, I would like you to ask your mother to pay us a visit..."

Sensei was cut off by the door to his room opening, revealing an aged woman with grey hair and twinkling blue eyes. She looked a bit like Lloyd; was she his mother?

"Mom?" Lloyd asked.

That answer's my question.

"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting, but Nya called me, and I got here as fast as I could. I brought some scrolls, and-"

"Misako," Wu interrupted, "can you make anything of this new prophecy?"

Lloyd's mother, Misako, took the paper from Sensei Wu's hand and read it over. Her eyes widened with each word as they scanned the page. 

"Wu. Do you think this involves... her?" Misako questioned, her voice a faint whisper.

Sensei Wu nodded solemnly. "Yes, but she cannot be the gold ninja. That is where you come in, Brielle. I need you and your fellow ninja to search ninjago for someone who could be a potential ninja of light. Lloyd and Misako, I need you two here, and, Nya, you have to tend to the students."

"Wait, Light?" Kai inquired.

Nya rolled her eyes. "Why don't I ever get to do anything fun?" she grumbled, stalking out of the room.

"Why do I need to stay-"

I stopped Lloyd short by telling the guys that we should go, while pulling my fans out of each of my UGG boots and grasping them in my hands. We left the academy where the Ninja currently worked, shutting the door behind us.

"Should we take my car?" I offered, stepping into the lot. 

"I don't think we would all fit. Might as well just take our elemental vehicles," Cole responded.

We all nodded in agreement, and then turned our various weapons into their corresponding vehicles. My silver fighter plane soared into the air, trying to keep pace with Jay's electric blue jet. I gazed into the horizon, wondering where we would find this new addition, and, if there would be another foe after all, and if it was up to this new member to our team to stop them. This... this golden ninja, the ninja of light.

Whoever that was.