Chapter 3- An Unfamiliar Place.

Chapter 3

I woke up with a huge pounding in my head and was unable to move or bend my right arm and a strong sting in my neck. I moaned in pain and attempted to get out of bed, but it was a failed attempt. I felt so weak and fragile that I couldn't even open my eyes in the slightest and I had a really bad headache. What happened? What did Jacqui make me do last night? Exhausted in my attempt to get out of bed for the third time in a row, I finally gave up and put my head down onto the pillow in defeat.

An unfamiliar scent wafted into my nose when my head slammed into the pillow and I froze in panic and shock. It smelled like soap and flowers. This wasn't my room! My blankets smelled like sweat and laundry detergent. I felt the blankets around me, the feeling of rough fabric, which was the exact opposite of my soft fleece blankets on my single bed. I had more room to stretch my arms, so I knew this wasn't my small bed.

The memories started coming back to me then. The club with Jacqui, the alley way, and the bite from the monster thing I couldn't identify. I suddenly had a spike of energy and my eyes flew wide open as I took in my surroundings.

I was in a room with only a fire place lighting the dimly lit room. The bed had a black canopy over it, the sheets was a deep red color. I couldn't see much of the room because of all of the shadows and darkness dancing across the room, but there were two red lounge chairs in front of the fireplace that I could see. I could also see a window that was covered by a heavy dark satin curtain with light barley able to get in.

I tried to get out of the strange bed, but my head felt like it was on a merry go round and I slowly put my head back down, moaning in pain.

"You shouldn't do that, you are still healing," said an unknown soft voice from a dark corner of the room.

I jumped in surprise, not expecting anyone to be in the room with me. "Where am I? Who the fuck are you? What the fuck happened?" I asked looking around the dimly lit room for person who belonged to the unknown feminine voice. I know, I don't usually swear, but in situations like this, I couldn't help it.

A woman walked out of the shadows from the corner of the bedroom hidden in darkness next to the bed. Ok, that made this place even more creepy than it already was. She had short blond hair in a sort of bob style and dark brown eyes. She was very skinny and pale with dark khakis and a light pink blouse on. She was also one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, even with the shadows dancing across her face. I wonder if she's a model or something.

"You were attacked and we brought you here to heal. It's already been two days since you've been unconscious."

"Two days! Oh man I've missed so much school! Dammit, I'm going to have to do a lot of catching up now. I'm gonna be up all fucking night long when I get home," I ranted out loud to myself, feeling really stupid right afterwards. I'm not usually the type of person to show other people my inner panic. I usually keep it well hidden from everyone else. I felt surprised at myself that I actually slipped up and said what was on my mind.

"School is probably one of the last things you need to worry about right now. Once you are healed enough to walk around, we will be going to a trial or court. However you would like to put it." She said with confusion and humor on her face at my last remark about me missing school. Hey, I don't like missing school, is that so weird? Remember I don't like being late, so yea, I really don't like showing up at all.

"Oh, and by the way, try not to swear profanity here. It's improper for a young lady," she said. Young lady? Was she my grandmother or something? Geesh lady.

"Alright, I'll try," I replied. This was going to be hard considering the circumstances. "And court? Trial? What court? For what?"

"They will explain it all at the trial. But, all I can say right now that it is about the man that attacked you that night."

Wait......a man!!!!

"Wait, that wasn't a man! It couldn't fu-flipping be. It bit me. It drank my blood! It sounded like an animal!" I replied in shock. I think I'm going crazy! I blame college and work! What's going on with me?

A human couldn't be that strong, and certainly couldn't bite me with sharp canine teeth.

"It was most definitely a man. Like I said before, they will explain everything to you at the trial. Now take these pills and drink some water. You will feel much better afterwards, I promise." She said, handing me some small pills and a glass of water.

I did as she said, not feeling like fighting it or wondering if the pill was poisoned or drugged. But hey, if she wanted me dead then I would have been dead already wouldn't I? The cold water felt so good going down my throat that I chugged all of it in one gulp. She took the cup and poured me more water from a pitcher on a table next to the bed. I chugged that glass down too, sighing in sweet thirst quenching relief.

"Why am I not in a hospital or something?" I asked after a minute of awkward silence to gather my jumbled thoughts.

"It would have been a little difficult to explain what happened to you to mortal doctors. Plus, we need you here to testify to the attack that night. We brought you to our district head quarters, where we do all our trials" she replied.

"Oh," was all I could say.

Mortal doctors? That sounds a bit weird to say but I was too much in shock, pain, and was exhausted to think anymore about anything. She just stood there and watched me along with another awkward silence, which made me feel a little nervous and very uncomfortable. I started twiddling with my thumbs when my stomach gave out of very loud and angry growl.

"I will go get you some nourishment. You must be starving. I will be right back, so don't try to get up. You probably won't get far anyways," she said as she walked out the wooden door, closing it with a loud BANG. Then excruciating silence overtook the room.

I sat there trying to put my headache at bay, not even wanting to try to get up again. I looked down at my arm and saw IVs and tubes going into my hand and inner elbow. The one attached to my arm was a deep red, the one on my hand was a clear color, maybe liquid or something? My arm felt sore too, but not as much as my pounding head or my neck.

I lifted my arm that wasn't attached to the IVs and felt a cloth taped to my neck. A chill went down my spine, remembering the night of the attack. I could have sworn that it was an unknown animal that attacked me with black hair and glowing red eyes. Plus a human couldn't growl or hiss the way it did. It was unnatural. I think I am going crazy. My head was spinning with confusion. I really hoped I get my answers tomorrow. I hope I could be patient enough to last that long.

A few minutes later, the woman came back with soup and bread. The smell wafted towards me and my mouth started to water even more. She put the plate on my lap and I gobbled up my food, realizing I was indeed very hungry. I looked over at the woman, but she was just watching me eat my food with no emotion portrayed on her face. It sort of looked like she was a statue by how still she sat and how pale her skin was.

I felt uncomfortable with her just watching me eat. I thought it was rather rude actually. I looked away, trying to ignoring her stares. Once I was done she took the bowl for me and set it on the table with the pitcher.

"Thank you very much."

"You're welcome. My name is Missy by the way," she replied, giving me a half smile. I could tell she was trying to be nice to me.

"Oh. Thank you very much Missy. My name is Ella," I smiled back at her, trying to be a little nice to her since she was trying as well.

"You are welcome again Ella. You should lie down now and get more sleep. By tomorrow you will hopefully be able to walk around, so you probably will have the trial tomorrow if you're up to it," she said as she started walking out of the room with the click of her high heels. I nodded my head in response, already feeling sleepy and exhausted. My eyes felt so droopy, that I knew I couldn't keep them opened any time longer.

'Hopefully my fucking headache will be gone in the morning,' I thought.

I put my head on the soft pillow with the covers over me just the way I like it, and before I knew it, I was in a deep, deep sleep.