Chapter 2- A Not So Fun Night.

Chapter 2

Jacqui was standing outside the front of the club just like we had planned. Her auburn red hair stood out of the crowd, like a fiery loud phoenix. She had on a red tank top and a black ruffled jacket with skinny jeans and red stiletto heels. She was a golden brown color, since she tanned easily without any effort, unlike me. I noticed that she was looking around until she spotted me over the crowd and waved frantically towards me, arms looking like floppy noodles. Once I got to her, pushing my way through the crowd of people waiting to get inside, she gave me one of her big-starving me of precious oxygen-hugs she always gives me.

"Are you excited???!!!" she asked, letting me go with excitement sparkling in her eyes and a big smile on her red painted lips. I had trouble catching my breath to speak because I couldn't breathe with the big, long hug she gave me.

"Sure," I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes at the same time, finally able to catch my breath. She giggled because she knew of my hatred of parties and socializing.

"Well, I'll have to have the excitement in me for both of us then! Just try not to be too much of a party pooper, OK?" She said.

"I'll try, but you know me," I replied.

"Yea, I know you. And that's why you're my best friend!"

"Ha ha true," I replied. I met Jacqui when we were sophomores in high school. We went to one of my friend's birthday parties and we were the only ones who showed up because her house was difficult to find unless you've been there before. Jacqui and I became fast friends and started to hang out more in school. We try to see each other at least once a month now just to hang out and do stuff like we are doing today.

We finally got to the beginning of the line after about half an hour of waiting and talking to my best friend about life and stuff. Well, mostly her life while I listened and replied to the right places like I usually do. She mostly talked about her school life and family life. She has three older brothers who like to torment her daily. Everyday it's another story of how they torture her, like the other day one of her brothers threw cat litter on her bed because she didn't have time to do the litter box and he was made to do it, so he just threw it on her bed. I'm just glad me and my brothers get along most of the time.

Once we finally got inside and out of the chilly night air, I was blinded by flashing lights and deafened by horrible blaring club music and gagged on the potent smell of alcohol and BO mixed together. All around me people were dancing, drinking, socializing, and staggering around. Seemed like the usual club environment to walk into, I would assume.

Jacqui went straight to the bar where there was a tall and slightly attractive bartender and ordered a fruity drink I don't know the name of, but it was pink and blue. I got a water with a wedge of lemon. We found a table towards the back and set our drinks and jackets down. I attempted to secretly hide my purse underneath my coat. Hopefully no one will notice it.

After settling down and taking a drink of my water, Jacqui then pulled me to the dance floor and started dancing, attempting to get me to dance with her. I felt very uncomfortable as I stood there awkwardly while other people were gyrating to the loud music. I crossed my arms over my chest and stood still, thinking of what I should do next as a slight panic washed over me. I hate social situations. I always feel like I'm gonna have a panic attack whenever someone came near my bubble. Jacqui was dancing next to me, trying to motivate me to dance.

"Come on! Have a little fun for once in your life!" Jax exclaimed, trying to forcefully uncross my arms that I glued to my chest.

"I don't wanna look like an idiot!" I yelled over the pounding music to her. I didn't know what song it was. I hate this new music they have out nowadays. These stupid songs have no meaning and emotion unlike the good older songs. You can say I'm a little bit of a 90's baby.