Chapter 13- Heart Ache

I woke up with a gigantic headache. But it wasn't just a normal headache. It's a midget with a giant golf club hitting me in the head in full force kind of gigantic headache. I opened my eyes but quickly shut them because the bright light made the midget strike harder into my head. Why me? Why am I having all the bad luck recently? This sucks so damn much!

I moaned in pain, wanting to take a screw driver to my head to make the midget inside stop. But I knew that wouldn't end too well for me.

"Are you OK?" I heard someone say next to me, which was actually the voice I've gotten to know quite well over the past weeks.

"No, it feels like my head is about to fucking explode," I replied with a loud groan. Loud noises made it even more worse.

I heard him sigh and say, "hold on." I heard him walk away and heard doors and cupboards opening and closing and a rattling sound.

"Here, take this," I heard him say. I opened one of my eyes to see two white pills sitting in one hand and a glass of water in another.

"Thanks," I said as I took them both and swallowed the pills with a big gulp of water. I closed my eye again and waited for the headache to die off. I waited in silence for a long time before I slowly felt the throbbing go away. It didn't go away entirely, but it subdued enough where I could tolerate it. I opened my eyes to see Vincient sitting in the same chair he was sitting on the other day, waiting patiently and silently for my headache to go away.

Now time for the yelling part.

"Where were you yesterday?" I asked in a loud, annoyed voice.

"What does it matter? It's not like you own me or anything," he replied in his cocky tone.

"Well, something happened yesterday and you weren't here." I yelled back. His cocky attitude is really getting on my last nerve right now.

"Last time I checked you were just snoring like a Snorlax on the couch."

"Yeah, because I fainted!" I yelled. What's with him today? Yesterday he was all like 'let me take care of you, I'll do anything you want!' Today it seemed there was something up his ass. A golf club maybe?

"So tell me what happened then, since I apparently missed the whole shabang."

"Don't turn the spotlight onto me! Where were you yesterday?" I asked again. I was now sitting up on my couch, giving him my death glare.

"I'll tell you after you tell me what happened," he replied.

"You bastard," I tried to say under my breath, but of course he heard me. My goodness he makes me feel so annoyed sometimes. He just reminds me of that one song about hot and cold. You know, the song that's horrible but it's catchy at the same time and can't seem to get it out of your head kind of thing.

"I'm waiting," he said with a small chuckle.

"Fine then, so remember when you told me about the High King and that no one has seen him?"

"Yea," he said with a confused, but intetested expression on his face.

"Well, I found him. Yay me..." I said sarcastically.

"What?! How? Why?" Vincient asked with a shocked look on his perfect face. He got smoothly up and walked over, stood in front of me and gripped my shoulders kind of roughly.

"What happened, Ella?" He asked with a louder tone, looking into my eyes.

"Well, I-I thought that maybe that he would kinda break the bond if I pleaded and begged to him nicely."