6.

Brooke

"You ready?"

He nodded his head & gripped my hand. Today was the funeral. I felt so bad that Kel's dad couldn't make it due to his deployment. I know he really wanted to be there for his wife. I stood in between them & wrapped my arm around both of them. I had plenty of loss in my life. So I was kinda numb in situations like this. I just wanted to make sure I was there for them. We slowly began to walk up. Mrs. Williams was silently weeping as she got closer to the casket. Kel's eyes began to water & that made my heart drop. I wish I could do something to take the pain away. Kel bent down & kissed her cheek gently before stepping back & letting his mom get her time.

"I'm so sorry mommy. I love you." She whispered before kissing her forehead. We walked back to the pews & took our seats. I leaned over & kissed Kel's cheek. He looked over & smiled. I could see the tear stains on his cheeks. I slid my arm up & down his arm. His mom had laid her head on my shoulder & I wrapped my arm around her. The service lasted another 15 minutes. Then we went to the grave sight. They had to meet with the lawyer afterwards about the will.

"I'll meet you guys at the lawyer's office. I need to go home & change." Mrs. Williams said

"Oh I'm gonna go back to the hotel. I shouldn't be in y'all's family business." I said

"Brooke you are family. I'll meet y'all there at 3." She said before walking to her car.

We walked to the car & Kel opened my door as always.

"You okay?" I asked

"Yeah. Just wanna get this day over with."

"You hungry?" I asked

"Yep."

"What you wanna eat?"

"You." He rubbed his hand up my thigh.

"Kelvin!"

"I'm playin!" He chuckled

"That shit ain't funny." I mugged him.

"I'm sorry baby."

I rolled my eyes. I just don't understand how he can joke about sex right now when his grandmother was just buried.

We got back to the hotel & I checked my emails. He was just staring at me.

"What are you looking at?" I sucked my teeth.

"The finest woman I ever seen." He said smirking

"You think you're so smooth. Ugly ass." I said smiling

"I'm sexy as hell girl. Better check these DMs." He joked

"I'll knock you out & any bitch that try it. So stop playin with me."

"Yeah yeah!"

"That's aight. When I get in the bed tonight in your favorite lingerie set." I got on his lap straddling him. "And I'm looking good enough to eat." I grinded back & forth. "Don't feel played when I tell you ask one of them hoes in your DMs." I said getting up.

"Baby why you gotta do me like that? You wrong." He said pouting

"Sure I am."

Pretty soon it was time to go to the lawyer's office. The drive there was quick & he was on the first floor. His mom was already there & we were told to go right in.

"How are you sir I'm Frank Jones. Your grandmother's attorney. You must be Kelvin?" He asked

"Yeah. Wassup." Kel replied