Our First Date

I woke up to the sound of humming birds outside my bedrom window. It was monday morning, another college day. It looks like today is going to be a nice day, i thought. Oh yeah i remembered, my date, it wasn't yet though there was college to go through first.  Today is a bright wonderful day. I checked my clock for the time and noticed that, I had fifteen more minutes before my alarm went off, like damn i'm in a good mood. I was so tired last night but now, i'm just like so happy, i'm not tired as much as i thought i'd be and i'm like up early too. I mean come on what gives, is it because Aidan was coming to wait for me or because we had a date planned for later, well whatever it was, it didn't matter.

I don't even mind what mums reaction will be when i tell her my big secret which i only had as of last night, that i Sarah offically now had a boyfriend, well i guess it isn't that much of a secret as Maddison and Justin alredy knew. I have to tell her before Aidan arrives. I think i can hear her downstairs, oh my she's singing a sign she's in a good mood too well what i'm i wating for, i said to myself.

Getting out of bed, i reset my alarm so as it didn't come off when i was getting ready. It didn't take long for me to get ready so when i went downstairs mum was still there, humming whiles she prepared  breakfast.

'Morning i said taking a seat , whiles she placed a box of ceral, some jam for me, baked beans and bacon for her, milk and sugar on the table, our monday breakfast special.  She sat down once everything was set and asked.

'Sarah so what time did you get in last night i didn't hear you come in' whiles she poured herself some cereal.

'Oh about 12.30pm, i said as casuslly as i could. She wasn't mad at me for breaking my curfew of being home by 11.00pm as i went to a party, maybe i should go to parties more often i thought.

'Oh that's why i didn't hear you come in, i was way asleep by that time, she said now adding sugar to her bowl of cereal.

'Yes i noticed when i came in, i said now pouring myself some cereal.

'So how was the party then, she asked.

'It was lovely, we all had fun. It was cool, i said mixing up the content in my bowl and haing a spoonful. We talked whiles we ate, it was the perfect time to unleash my secret or my not so secret, secret.

once we finished eating, i helped mum clean up and that's when i finally got the nerves to tell her.

'Mum, Aidan asked me out at the party and i said yes, so what i wanted to say is well Aidan is my boyfriend now, i said as quickly as i could.

'Oh good, she replied, i mean come on upon all that she could have said good that's an improvement.

' I kinda saw that coming, she continued to say whiles passing me another plate to rinse.

'So its ok with you, i asked.

'Sarah, honey that boy is amazing and so are you, i'm happy for both of you ok, she said giving me a hug. what's wrong here, i mean come on is this mum, i thought ,the mum i knew gets paranoid when she sees her daughter with any boy but this new mum well i sure like. She's been so sweet this morning, i guess today is going to be a wonderful day after all. She's happy for me, like i mean mum is happy for me to be going out with a boy, she knows what that means right. Well it sure seems to be my day today, no doubt about it.

After doing the washing up and clearing up, mum left for work whiles i waited for Aidan. I told her about Aidan coming to wait for me so we could walk to college together, so she didn't have to drop me off at college. Once she was gone, i watched this program on the television whiles i waited patiently for Aidan's arrival. In the middle of my wait, i decide to text Alexis and tell her about the party. She replied not long after, a text for me to call her as she was running out of credit, so i  called her.