Chapter 13

Art class would probably be fun if I wasn't already exhausted from the events that came hurtling down on me today. Apparently we were given a free project this semester: anything that has to do with art. I guess this was an easy A.

Jenna was doing photography since it was considered art. I would probably stick to music, which is also considered an art. But since it was a free project we wouldn't be doing it during class, instead we would make banners and leaflets for upcoming events. Like the big game, prom, even graduation. I guess if we start now, we'll never run low on anything.

"Um, Allison?" Jenna called hesitantly, a hint of nervousness in her voice. She was cutting pink and red paper into tiny heart shapes for the prom banner.

"What's up?" I asked her as I colored the graffiti on the 'big game' poster.

"I know you're self conscious when people see your face but-"

Where was this going?!

"Hear me out okay?!" She said as soon as she saw the look on my face. "Would-you-please-be-my-model?"

"What?" I stared dumbfounded.

"Ever since I've gotten a camera I've had this shot perfected in my mind. And now since my dad is coming home I want to show him how good I've gotten. I've got this amazing idea and all it requires is a model."

"No." I responded bluntly. 

"But, please! My dad is the one who got me the camera! I just want to show him that thanks to him, I can take the most amazing pictures!"

"Haven't you already?" I asked. I felt guilty doing what might set a false hope for her father. I mean, if she really was a good photographer she didn't need to ask me, did she?

"Have you already forgotten? I got it last month! Sure I took a couple of pictures that might be gallery-worthy but none that were really award winning!" Jenna's eyes beamed as she fist pumped the air, making me laugh in return.

"Jenna, you know how I feel about this," my mood returned serious once again.

"Oh, okay. I guess I understand." Disappointment flashed across her features as her shoulders slumped. "I just thought that, you know. Since my dad was in the military and I couldn't see him that much, that maybe it would be one of those moments where he comes home proud."

"Jenna!" I groaned as I face-palmed myself. Jenna gave me a triumphant grin in return, knowing she had already won the battle.

"No one sees it."

"Cross my heart." She entwined her index and middle fingers together over her chest, "Scout's honor!" she then saluted me.

"If it ever gets leaked-"

"It won't!"

"I get a copy of the picture" I later said, really curious as to how it would turn out.

I guess her dad was okay, I mean I don't think a grown man will think of anything when he sees a picture. As long as he doesn't know who the girl in the picture is, I'm perfectly fine! That is if Jenna keeps her side of the promise.

"Hey, you want to discuss the details of the photo afterwards? You know, after you're done with your detention."

Detention? Detention! "I can't believe I almost forgot! Screw Mrs.Gellar for ruining my day!" I vented. I had a lot going on already!

"I can't anyway, I have to do the historical geography project with-" My face scrunched up at the mention of his name - "Nick!" I stuck my tongue out.