"I feel like a boulder hit me." she groaned and clutched her head

"A night out drinking can do that." I reminded her earning a dark glare

Her hands fell to her sides and she started to stand when I tightened my arm around her waist, not ready to let her move away so soon "Wes." she warned, her voice wavering slightly

Reluctantly I slipped my arm away allowing her the freedom to put some distance between us, like a scared mouse she scrambled across the room standing in the doorway. The wet strands of her hair pressing against her cheeks allowing a generous view of her chest, courtesy of the low dip of her shirt.

"Thank you for...this." she said gesturing to breakfast "But you should leave now."

Pushing myself off the bed I stood to my full height, catching Khloe stiffen at the small action from the corner of my eye. Fixing my gaze on her hardened features I could see past the brave face she put on, the hurt shining in her eyes was obvious to even a blind man as was the way her body swayed to q soundless melody. My brows dipped as I examined her further noticing her red brimmed eyes and flushed cheeks, her eyelids drooped as if she were going to fall asleep now in that angry position.

"You don't look too good." I stated, worried when she leaned too far to the right and nearly fell flat on her face

Catching herself she pressed a hand against the door frame to steady her teetering "I'm fine." she insisted and motioned to the door

"Stop being so damn stubborn you aren't fine, you're-"

Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and her knees collapsed beneath her causing her to fall forward. My first reaction was to rush forward hoping to catch her before she plants headfirst into the ground. Wrapping my arms around her hips I stumbled forward, my body holding hers up against the door frame as her body grew limp. Collecting in my arms I sat her down on the bed watching her vision refocusing as I moved the tray aside from her feet.

I released a sigh of relief when she blinked away the last of her confusion, the damn woman nearly gave me a heart attack! Certain that she wasn't 'fine' I sat beside her careful not to sit on her legs.

"I feel like shit." she muttered to herself

I placed my palm against her forehead and wasn't surprised to feel a slight rise in her temperature. Yanking her head from my reach she fixed me with a dark glare, that held half the intimidation than the one she gave me moments ago "I told you to leave."

"And I told you you aren't well, I think you might have a cold." I explained

She rolled her eyes and swung her legs across the bed, readying to stand when I dashed in her way. Those blazing caramel eyes met mine in a deadly glare that spoke volumes about just how pissed she was by this.

"Get out." she hissed under her breath

I winced at the two words, recalling yesterday when she screeched the words at me. The venom wasn't behind the demand this time but still the hatred burning in her eyes was enough. Reminding me that I am a moron for thinking I could spend an evening with Khloe in a shitty mood after dealing with my dad for nearly two days straight. One afternoon is enough to test your patience but forty-eight fùcking hours is maddening! It's no excuse but I knew better than to accompany anyone that night. It seems as if I'm still paying for my mistake and it's what I'd expect from her.

"No." I stated firmly "I'm not going anywhere until you are able to stand on your own two feet."

Her eyes narrowed to thin slits burning with determination "I meant what I said yesterday in my office."