Chapter 43: the perfect ending

Dad came wheeling in the front door as I started for the garden out back to start dinner.

"Ciao bambino." He says smiling as he swerves around the furniture. I lean over kissing his cheek. "You aren't coming back tonight I see." He says smiling. "I'm home babbo," I tell him. "I want to be here." I tell him as I smile patting his shoulder heading out into the garden to pick some vegetables and fruit. "I had the boys go hunting." Babbo says behind me. "I also had them bring you a big freezer to hold it all." He says smiling at my face as I excitedly woddle into the house looking for the freezer finding it tucked away in its own little closet. A pantry I had failed to find.

"Oh babbo, it is beautiful!" I tell him smiling brightly.

"Anything for Il mio bambino." He says smiling.

"Want to stay for dinner?" I ask taking his hand. "I would love too, let me call your momma and see if she wants to come up." He says smiling. I head to the back garden gathering the vegetables I need then head back to the kitchen pulling out a few pounds of deer steaks.

I take them out thankfully they haven't had time to freeze and I start preparing the marinade that unfortunately will only have two hours to work it's magic instead of five.

I place the steak in a big bowl filled with marinade then start on the sides. I start chopping potatoes into chunks throwing them onto a sheet pan and seasoning them with spices and olive oil. When its closer to time to pull the steaks out of their marinade I throw the potatoes into my new oven and smile at its beauty. I start slicing carrots, broccoli and squash throwing them into a bowl seasoning them then tossing them in a little oil to get an even coating.

"You look beautiful." Jimmy says wrapping his arms around my waist kissing my shoulder grabbing my hips and slowly kissing up to my ear.

"Jimmy!" I whine swatting his chest. "What?" He whines back. "My Babbo is here and who knows who else, reframe from your passionate kisses till we can actually do something about it." I tell him in a hushed tone.

"Anything you say beautiful." He tells me smiling as he heads to the sink washing his dirty hands.

"I'm going to go see what needs to be finished around the place, will you be good in here?" He asks reaching over and caressing my tummy. "I'll be fine." I tell him kissing his worried nose. He smiles. "Okay, call me if you need me I'm right outside the door." He tells me pulling my into his arms and kissing my forehead before he walks out the door.

I take a seat at our large dining room table and smile. "I can fit the whole family right here." I say smiling.

"That was the point." Babbo says rolling into the room.

"Your momma is on her way." Babbo says smiling up at me. "I love you babbo." I tell him leaning over and kissing his cheek.

"I love you too." He tells me before wheeling back out the door.

This is the life I dreamed of...the life I've always wanted!

This is perfect.

The perfect ending to our love story.