Epilogue

Rin's POV

I wake up, heavy breathing. I see a bright light on top of me. Aftera minute my eyes get adjusted to the blinding light I see a siluette a woman's siluette. My heart fills with joy, and tears come down my face. The happiest I've been in years, I hug y/n tightly without thinking, but she didn't hug back. I looked at her face she was upset, almost to tears. "What did you do, Rin?" She said, her voice breaking down, I don't remember what I did, actually I don't remember where I was "Why did you do it? I didn't wanted you to be here so soon. You had so much to live for" She sobbed, her beautiful face was filled with tears, but I don't know why. What could I have done to make her this upset? "What do you mean?" I sat up on the floor and realize that all around me there's flowers and trees. "Where am I?"
"You're in heaven, but not for long..."
"B-but why? I never killed any inocent demon"
"Yes, Rin. You did. The last demon you killed"
"So I'm dead? I killed myself?"
"Yes" she said looking straight into my eyes crying.
"I-I'm so sorry" I said, she shook her head. I pulled her into a hug. She collected herself and stood up, wiping her tears away.
"Now now, your last moments in heaven shouldn't be spent in sadness. Lets go" she pointed at a house that wasn't there before, a beautiful and welcoming house. I went inside the house and it looked familiar, it gave me shivers, I went to the kitchen and I felt my body tense up. I remember, it was the house of that dream, the dream that made me realize what the future held, y/n's death. "Y/N!!" I called.
No answer I went looking for her in the house, I went into the rooms, they were kid's rooms. But they were covered in blood. "No....no no...NOO! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE THIS AGAIN!" I yelled. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I jumped and immediately grabbed the hand back, pushing that person. It was y/n.
"You are seeing things aren't you?" She said softly, I nodded and she pulled me into a hug. "You are slowly leaving heaven and seeing your hell, we don't have much time left with each other" we were in the kitchen again, she was standing on that same place. Everything is happening in slow motion. I see the wall behind her crash and a red demon come out from it, she looked at me with terror on her eyes. I ran as fast as I could to her but I was moving way to slow, I extended my hand to pull her away, I'm so close to reaching her. Just...a...little...more...

BEEP..BEEP..BEEP..BEEP

A loud noise wakes me up, full of sweat and tears on my face. I look beside me the clock.

5:00am

I sit up, hands on my face. Still some tears on my eyes, I had gotten somewhat used to nightmares of y/n, but it always gets me. It breaks me a little every time. I-

"RIN RIN" Shiemi came running to the door.

"What do you want?"

"Can you turn off the alarm?"

"Huh?" I listen and the alarm is still going off. I look at it but I let it ring. Shiemi sighs and turns it off herself, she stands in front of me and frowns.

"You have to get over it, Rin" she says with her squeaky voice. She knows how much I hate anyone talking about her.

"You can leave now"

"It's been years Rin, and today's a big day" she storms off and leaves the room and closes the door behind her.

"I know" I whisper and start crying again. I walk to the bathroom look at myself on the mirror, I wash my face and I take the razor to shave. I cut my face, I don't even feel it. Small cuts like that don't hurt after all the physical pain I've caused to myself. It heals, as usual. After all the self inflicted pain I got to the conclusion that pretty much I can heal from everything. Everything but one thing--my heart.
After this dream that, I know that y/n wouldn't want me to die of sucide. She would want me to fulfill my dreams of killing Satan and becoming and becoming a paladin like the old man. Although I already did both of them.

I like to think that she--where ever she is--is looking at me and is proud of me.

A/N: Hello! So maddieandnalu gave the suggestion of a one shot so ! Also, this book recently got 10k reads, when I first started writing it I didn't expect anyone to read it but alot of you guys liked it so...Thank you!! 😀💓