Please stop!

"Please stop. You're going to hurt yourself!" I hear Xander say worriedly. I shake my head no breathlessly. I try and sit up for the third time. I groan and fall back. "Fine...I'll stop..." I say trying to breath properly. I close my eyes tight as the pain starts to fade away but not quick enough. I blow out the breaths slowly to numb the pain a little.

"Did you get that pillow I asked for?" I ask him completely and utterly uncomfortable. He nods and grabs it from the couch. I smile weakly and point to my legs. "Can you put it under my knees please?" I ask and he does so. He lifts up my legs and slides the pillow under them. I adjust with it and close my eyes. I'm still super drained.

Xander's POV

I stare at the wrap where her scar is on her stomach. That can't feel good. At least she looks comfortable now. She probably can't sleep on her stomach for a while. A nurse comes in and wakes her up. I raise a brow to try and say I'm really annoyed that she did that. She checked something on Blair "Blair, it's been 8 hours we need to get you up and walking." She shuffled around on the bed and then groaned. I watch as the nurse lowers her bed far down almost touching the ground and then whispered to Blair what she needed to do. Blair got up pretty well but I don't know how much she is hurting right now.

She walks slowly around the room with the nurse by her side. She holds a pillow to her stomach. Blair whispers something to her and the nurse leads her to the bathroom. She even went in with her. I wait silently for her to get out. The nurse takes her back to the bed and she moves it at sitting level and helps Blair back onto the bed. She raises the bed back up and leaves. I watch Blair act like she is having contractions. Is that what it feels like? Geez.

I scoot my chair back over to Blair's side and she smiles weakly at me and continues to breath in her nose and out her mouth. I stroke her forehead and hair while she does this. She opens her eyes after a while and smiles at me it was a stronger smile. I'm glad. She closes her eyes back and with a little time passed I hear soft snores come from her. I stop rubbing the top of her head and lay down on the couch.

Short chapter I know...

But...

Sadly...

The epilogue is next! 😱😟

I love you all!!!

Thank you for reading!!!