Meet Them

Message: Good morning, beautiful.

Tiara feels her tired goes away when she reads the message. She smiles at the screen.

It is the one who messaged her several days ago. The one she replied. The one who unfortunately won't say anything yet about his name.

Tiara becomes angry remembering that. She then writes;

Are you going to tell me your name today?

He doesn't give her an answer. Tiara knows it is a boy. He had told her last night. They had a beautiful conversation. He is very good, funny, and very wise.

"Tiara, who is you texting to?" Wali suddenly sits beside her.

Tiara turns her face, "oh nothing, Kak. It is just a new friend. He said he is a brother of my friend. He took my number from his sister."

"And who is he?" Wali smiles while asking. Actually, Indonesian word of 'she' or 'he' is 'dia' for both of those. So, whenever you mention about 'dia', you will never know it is a girl or a boy until you ask.

Tiara feels shy. This brother knows her true self has shy personality, especially to a man. She was in the girl dormitory for 3 years. Therefore she can't help herself when it sometimes hits her. But today she feels shy not to kak Wali, she feels for 'will be known having a boy friend'.

Hey, it's just a friend!

"He is a boy but..." Tiara turns her face to the front, avoiding to see Wali's eyes. "He won't say his name...yet."

Wali's smile slowly disappears from his face. He feels good Tiara is not looking at him now. No, maybe she knows. She turns her face to Wali again. As soon as he can, Wali gets back his smile.

"Wow." He tries to give a spirit on his word but he fails. It is just like 'no expression inside the word'. "You've got a friend. A boy. Finally."

Does he forget he is a friend and a boy too?

Kak Wali is my brother.

Tiara refuses to acknowledge him as a friend.

"Is he kind and friendly?" Wali asks as good and happy as he can.

Tiara smiles, "He is funny and wise."

Tiara is like giving a dart and flower to him.

Wali feels amazed that Tiara finally smiles after 'several days running of him'. She didn't smile since that day. She looks so beautiful standing smile at him. But talking about a boy?

Wali feels something bad walking from his heart to the entire body. Something dark. Something he has since he had known he is changing.

Talking a boy...?

"Why do you keep messaging him when he hides his name?"

"What?" Tiara asks. She feels like she has heard kak Wali's words. It was like a question but it was like a wind.

Wali gives a restrained smile.

"Kakak has said something. I am sure you were. What is?"

Now, Tiara's body is confronting full.

Wali holds still for a while. He looks Tiara on the eyes.

"You are beautiful. Have I ever said that?" His smile shows as he talks.

"Kak Wali..." Tiara is sullen.

Wali laughs.

She is back