26. We've got company

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure she has her reasons," I raised an eyebrow at Avril, who was still busy glaring at Tyler. I avert my gaze to Ethan, who seemed to be comfortable in his position. "Get the hell up, don't squash her with all that fat of yours."

"Excuse me?" Ethan widens his eyes dramatically. "This isn't fat, Indigo. This is muscles." To emphasise his point, he flex his muscles when he's still sitting on Avril.

"I don't need another Theo right now." I voiced out my thoughts. "One is enough. Now get up."

"No - not yet."

My eyes snap to Tyler. "What do you mean not yet? Do you not see that she's struggling under his wrath?"

Tyler chooses to ignore my statement while Ethan just gave me a flat look.

"What are you doing here, exactly?" Tyler let go of my hand, stepping forward to where Avril is and bend down so they could be at eye level.

"I'm here to get her, Indigo." Avril said as she struggles for her freedom. "Now let me go you mutts!"

"I will, if you stop calling us that!" Tyler spat with so much venom.

I glance at Ethan and noticed that he was already staring at me. We had our own mini staring competition for probably a minute or two, until I cocked an eyebrow and jut my chin out to him, in a way of saying 'what'.

Ethan drops his gaze, shaking his head slowly as if to clear whatever thoughts he has in mind. Afterwards, he looks up again and listens to Tyler and Avril conversation.

"- you know it wasn't intentional, I hadn't meant to do that. I was tricked into doing it!" Avril wails, huffing out audibly.

My eyebrows were pulled together; what did I just miss? Who tricked Avril in doing what?

"I don't fucking care!"

One of her arms was freed, to express her emotions, she swings it to and fro but with limitation considering the situation she's in. "You think that I wanted to," Avril paused, stealing a glance at me before resuming her sentence, "do it? I was in dilemma at that point, Dylan, and if I didn't choose wisely, she wouldn't be here today. Standing with you."

Tyler let out a humourless laughter. "What makes you so sure that I'm Dylan? You've been saying that name since we met."

Finally Tyler corrects her mistake!

"I still remember how you looked like."

"Uh-uh, wrong answer." Tyler mutters, waving his finger side to side. "You remember the bloodied him. You left him unattended with all those gruesome open wounds and after he has healed, you repeat those sick cycles again."

I took a step forward, intrigued by where this conversation is going to end up. The more they speak, the more I feel like they're hiding something major from me.

One couldn't help but to be curious.

Ethan saw what I was doing and immediately held out the palm of his hand out to me, signalling me to stop. He then mouthed the word 'Don't '.

"Did you think I asked to be born into this kind of thing? I have no bloody control over this!"

"YOU DID! YOU COULD'VE AT LEAST DONE SOMETHING TO PREVENT HIM FROM GETTING-"

"Oh shit!"

All eyes snapped over to Ethan. Ethan face paled, his eyes widening and in a flash he was up on his feet. His face contorts into a panic while his mouth opens and close to say something but couldn't decide on what to say.

"What-"

"We've got company. And it's not rogues." Ethan states, looking straight in the eye at Avril.

So sorry for the late update! I know this is short but I feel like you guys have waited so long for another update. But lately, I've been busy trying to upload another book of mine which is 'Stay'. I'm going to submit that book for the Wattpad Prize & I'm sort of rushing to get it complete before 30th April. Could you guys do me a favour & check out that book? It'll mean a lot to me if you take the time & support that book like how you did with this book :) Please leave me some feedbacks. I might be putting this on hold for the time being until I complete 'Stay'

A little info about 'Stay', it's a short romance  story & was inspired by Katy Perry song, The One that Got Away. Oh, I was wondering if anyone would be interested to take part in a writing contest, a one shot perhaps? And what do you think of the new cover? :)

I hope you guys will check out my other book, please don't forget to leave a comment, vote & spread the word about it! :D