Could You Love Me {XXVIII}

Start from the beginning

She opened her mouth to respond, only to have me cut her off.

"Don't, I really don't care. You have a literal second to scram before I beat the living shit out of you again. Take that as my curtsey warning."

She rolled her eyes and her hands shot out to shove me, but I dodged them.

"Oh Tay, you never learn."

I didn't get the chance to allow her face to be reacquainted with my fist, being thrown over someone's shoulder and removed from the scene.

I saw Imogen gathering my things off the ground with Chase behind her, right before whoever had me over their shoulder turned out of the cafeteria.

The mystery person sat me down on my feet, my back pressed against the lockers and their presence mere centimeters from mine.

My eyes locked with those heart wrenching blue ones, matched with a concerned expression on his face.

"Axel let me go." I huffed, trying to get out of his hold and back into the cafeteria so I could beat Taylor's ass.

His hand shot out and pulled me back in by my waist, his flesh fully pressing against mine, trapping me in between him and the lockers, making my heart skip a few beats.

"If I can't fight, you can't fight. Simple as that." He spoke, referring to the incident in the elevator.

"You're a little close there, aren't you Dawson?" I whispered, only making that cocky smirk of his appear.

"Does it make you nervous?" He whispered back, his cool breath causing goosebumps to break across my skin. "Do I make you nervous?"

By the I was sure he could hear my heart soaring in my chest, but I couldn't let his ego take any more ammunition.

"Not one bit." I said slowly, causing his eyes to slightly narrow and his smirk to widen.

"Ugh, Axel baby, you could do so much better." Yet another nasally voice rang out, easily making my blood boil again.

"Oh like what? You? In your dreams." I scoffed, trying to get to her but Axel easily restrained me.

"I mean he could do me if he wanted, now or later." Britney fired back, a flirty look plastered on her face as she eyed Axel, which seemed to piss me off even more.

I'm going to vomit.

"I'll pass, for now and later. If you could leave us alone, that'd be fantastic." Axel dismissed, his voice hinting that he was clearly annoyed.

"You'll come around eventually." Britney assured, and I rolled my eyes.

"Not in this lifetime or the next." Axel muttered loud enough for her to hear, making her scoff and walk away.

"Have I ever mentioned to you how much I love this school?" I questioned sarcastically, receiving a small smile as he wrapped his arm around me, leading me back into the cafeteria.

***

"I'm so full." I groaned, continuing to eat the remainder of the pizza I had left in my hand.

"So stop eating." Axel laughed, sitting back down in his spot next to me on the couch.

We were at my house, watching movies because he didn't want to leave me alone.

Swoon.

I groaned again as I dropped the rest of the slice on my plate, pushing it away from me and then falling backwards, my head landing in Axel's lap.

It was a pretty comfortable position, so I stayed like that and turned my attention back onto the movie that we were barely watching, feeling a yawn overcome me. Axel pulled the blanket from the back of the couch down and covered me with it.

"I can't fall asleep." I sighed, forcing my eyes back open.

"It's okay." Axel spoke slowly, his fingers coursing through my hair. "I'll be here when you wake up."

And just like that, I fell asleep.

***