A Writer's Story

Favorite genre ko. Parang nagkwekwento lang sa kausap. :) Enjoy reading!

--

I'm Kristy Valdez. I make stuffs up for living because I'm a writer. Nagsusulat sa mga teleserye at movies. I never dreamed to have this kind of job. Hindi ko nga rin naisip na dito pala sa field na ito ako mapapadpad. When I was little kid, I wanted to be a doctor. Pero siguro, hindi naman talaga yung ang kapalaran ko. Even though  I wanted to be a doctor, nahilig pa rin ako magsulat. Magsulat ng mga character ng mga tao. May kwento, meron din conflict. I like stories. No. Not like, I'm in love with them! Now, ganun pa rin naman. May kwento, may conflict, may iba-ibang personality. Kaibahan nga lang, this is now my job. At sa totoong tao ko na nilalapat ang mga characters na ginagawa ko.

-When did it start?

When did it start? Siguro, you'll ask me that question. I asked that to myself before entering this kind of job. Actually, I was so fascinated with the stories of other people. Yep. It started when I heard rumors, tsismis or something like that when I was in Grade School. "Did you know that?..." or "Have you heard that?...". There are billions of people in this earth and to think na merong kaisa-isang nakalaan para sa'yo. Isn't that amazing? Merong pipigil para sa pagmamahalan niyo, meron namang ipaglalaban ka, meron ding susuko. Pero sa bandang  huli, kung kayo, kayo naman talaga diba?

-A Typical Love Story

Imagine that you are at the park, crying. Tapos may biglang lalapit sa'yo and ask what's bothering you. You'll say what's the matter. Una, magkakapalagayan kayo ng loob. Tapos, lumalabas na kayo. Nasa getting to know you stage. Hanggang sa naging 'kayo'. Na-ruin yung 'kayo' kasi biglang dumating si Mr./Miss-ex niyo para guluhin kayo. Pero no one will surrender. You'll fight for each other. Thinking that love will save your relationship and it did! Happiness was the ending.

*End of Story*

Typical. Simple. Palasak. Pero it has a great impact. People love happy endings. Well, you can't blame them. Happy endings make us believe that love is pure, love saves and most of all, love is all about HAPPINESS.

-A Not-So-Ordinary Love Story

Imagine that you found out that the one you love is sick and dying. It has no cure. You can't do anything but watch him/her suffer. You can't fight back because it is death that you are fighting. Wala kang magagawa kundi hilingin na tumigil ang oras. Para makasama mo siya ng mas matagal. Para hindi siya mawala sa tabi mo. When the day comes, binulungan ka niya. "Dalhin mo ako sa lugar kung saan tayo unang nagkita." You did. It was in a beach. Wonderful view of sunset. You held his/her hand and then he/she smiled as if he/she is ready to face death. "I will always love you." That's his/her last words before he/she died. You whispered habang umiiyak ka. "You'll always be in my heart." After nun, you promised to yourself not to love anymore and everyday pumupunta ka sa lugar kung saan kayo una at huling nagkita.

*End of Story*

If that was in teleseryes, siguro marami na ang bumatok at nagalit sa akin because it is not a happy ending. Yes, it is not a happy one. It is more of a tragic. But I see it in the other way. Even if you fight back or not, if it is love that you feel then it is love. It is pure, clean, modest. Love isn't something about postive sides lang diba? That is why I love making stories about love. It is somehow --- ironic. You can feel sadness at the same time happiness, Anger and joy, Pain and kilig. Love is all about contradictions. It is like two unlike poles that attracts. North and South, Positive and Negative.

----

Disclaimer: Kathang-isip lang ang tao. That's not my real name. I'm not working as a writer. :)

----