Chapter 4: New Crush

Everything was okay for awhile. Dylan, Haley, and I are cool. And I didn't have any other fights with my other friends but, Haley was being a bit bitchy. I guess I was being bitchy too but, I don't know. Haley and I got into more fights after the Dylan thing. She said I wasn't the nicest person in the world and I was like "I fucking know that!" but I didn't say that to her, don't worry I'm not that bitchy.

Man, everything is so different now. I have changed in the last month. I don't know what has changed but everything seems different. The stinging pain in my chest is still there of course. I felt like something's wrong. When Michele, Odessa, Anna, Lily, Maddie, and my other friends found out Haley and I were still friends they kept telling me I made the wrong move. Maybe I did maybe I didn't. I don't know anymore.

3rd quarter started and I had new classes. Instead of health for 4th period I have Japanese with Haley and Dylan. 

I enter the Japanese classroom and there weren't many kids in the class but it was the first 2 minutes. I sit at my assigned seat and it was a bit confusing. I finally found my seat. I sat there and scanned the room. Now that the class is more full I recognize almost everyone. 

My friend Chelsea, from my health class last quarter, apparently sat next to me. SWEET! Moses sat across from me and so did Jamar. There was still an empty seat next to me though. The table next to me sat Haley, Taylor, Sidney, and Quinn. 

The far middle table sat Dylan, Sadie, Raven and few other people I don't know. What surprised me was Kyle (the most popular guy in school) sat across the room. I bet he'll switch classes or something because none of his close friends are in this class. 

Right before the bell rang a guy barged into the room. He wore camo pants, a thick black shirt, and his shoes were pretty muddy. He must have played in the field. He has the brightest blue eyes and has brownish blondish hair that he has to flip to the side so his hair doesn't get into his eyes. I have to admit, he is very attractive. I smile right away. He clung to his black binder as he looks up at the screen for his seating chart. I watch him as he does. He walks in my direction and right away I look away and he sits right next to me. I guess that's his assigned seat. He tosses his binder on the table and slouches in his chair. 

The teacher, Streicher Sensei, looks at him.

"Hello what's your name?" she says.

"Aidan." He replies. Oh, so that's his name. Eventually I learn everyone's names in the class. Aidan asked me for gum and I gave him some. We had to get a folder to put our papers in and we put it in our files at the end of the day. 

I eventually gain feelings for Aidan. I like guys pretty easily but, hey, don't judge. During that week Aidan grabbed my folder for me.

"Here you go." he says as he hands me my folder. 

"Oh,"my cheeks start burning, they must be red. "Thank-thank you," I stutter. I look to Haley and she gave me a devilish smile. My eyes widen and I made hand gestures to not get ANY ideas. We end up laughing and at the corner of my eye I can feel Aidan's eyes on me. 

A week or two later, I was complaining to Haley on how I forgot my phone at home.

"I FORGOT MY PHONE AT HOME!" I complain to Haley. Haley just laughs. I smile.

"What kind of phone do you have?" It was Aidan who spoke. Was he listening thew whole time? Stalker... ha ha just kidding. 

"A Samsung." I reply. 

"Samsung Galaxy?" he asks.

"No, it's a really crappy phone." I say.

"Oh."

"What kind of phone do you have?"

"I,,, don't know honestly." Aidan pulls out his phone from his pocket and show it to me. It looks like a Nokia to me but I wasn't to sure. 

"Cool," he slips his phone into his pocket. This is the perfect time to ask for his number. But what if he thinks I'm weird? Well, everybody already thinks that, so what do I have to lose? The words escaped form my mouth before I could catch them.

"Can I have your number?" I ask nervously. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!! Why the fuck did I ask him that?

"Sure," was all he said. He looks in his binder for a piece of paper but, right away I rip two pieces of paper from my notebook and him him a piece. He zips his binder. 

"Oh, I was just going to get a paper." he says. He takes his pencil and scribbles his number down. I did the same and we switched numbers. I put it carefully in my pencil box. I was screaming inside. 

After school I texted him. We just talk about school and I thought I made the biggest mistake ever. I asked if he had a girlfriend this year. I literally slapped myself. He didn't answer. I was like shit. I explained the situation to Haley. She just calmed me down. Which helped a bit, but it didn't help this large lump in my throat. Why am I so stupid? The next morning. Aidan answered. 

Aidan: No I haven't. Have you had a boyfriend?

Isabelle: Who me? Nawwww. 

I felt so relieved. I thought I ruined it again. I told Dylan I don't like him anymore. He was fine with it. Although I didn't tell him I like Aidan. I don't exactly trust him too much. I didn't tell him any of my deep, dark, secrets. Haley told me who Dylan likes now. And Dylan wouldn't even tell me. Did he distrust me or something? Or he doesn't want to hurt me? I don't know. I will never understand guys.

Well all is good, I guess, for now. I don't know who will betray me next so, I'm keeping my eyes out. Even now, it's been months and I still have that awful stinging pain in my chest and I don't think it won't go away. 

********************************

Hehehe sorry, this chapter doesn't really focus on Haley and Isabelle but, at least she's over Dylan right? What do you guys think about Dylan? Is he the nice guy type or one of those... heart breaking types? Leave them in the comments below. 

Alright see ya guys. Byeeeee. ;D