Chapter 8: Alexander

"You know, we could have done something better for your engagement bachelor party." Marcus sighed as he took the final turn to reach the movie theater. I didn't pay any attention to his words as I only focused on the big Deadpool poster which was there as an advertisement, with Ryan Reynolds doing something inappropriate with his guns.

Unbeknownst to my friend sitting beside me, this was actually a farewell party. I was not joking about moving somewhere else, since my parents have decided to completely oppress their own son. After the quarterly board-meeting tomorrow, I would hop on a plane to Berlin.

"I am actually looking forward to watching this movie. Jessica said it's really good." Minnie chimed in from behind, as she used the two headrests to boost herself forward, so that she could pop her head in between the front seats. She looked at me and grinned. "A Marvel fan such as yourself must be pretty excited to watch it."

"Yeah, I am." I smiled back at her, observing her for a bit. As Marcus parked the car, I popped the question yet again. "Marcus, can I please have permission to marry your sister?" Things would be literally so easy if I fake-married Minnie. She is so cool. Sure, there are no romantic feelings between us, but a marriage between friends has got to be better than with the spawn of the Devil, right?

Minnie is not cooler than Zoey, though.

Shut up, brain.

"I will boil your teeth." He promised as we all got out of the car.

"Who says 'I will boil your teeth' as a threat, Marcus?" Minnie doubled over laughing, clutching her stomach. "At least make the proper effort to say something more threatening, aren't I your baby sister?"

"Sure, I can say; 'I will kill you' but don't you think it's a bit overused?" Marc asked, as he dodged a couple of people walking our way.

"I am sure you can find a better threat than that." Minnie said in all-seriousness as I wondered if I should contribute my two cents on the topic. Then I decided not to, as why help them threaten me. It would be like putting my own foot in my mouth.

"How about; 'I will kill you so brutally they'll advertise it as a new jigsaw puzzle.'?"

My eyes widened and I gulped in horror as both Minnie and I backed away from my psychotic best friend. "Get me away from here." Minnie gasped as she grabbed my hand and began pulling me in the direction of the ticket counter, as we heard Marcus's evil laugh behind us.

"Okay, you guys grab the snacks and I will grab the tickets. Meet you in front of the hall." I told the brother-sister duo as we made our way inside. At their nod, we separated and went our own paths, dodging people left and right. It was Friday night so obviously there were a lot of people out today. But it felt like all of the eight and a half million population of New York City was there that night.

I couldn't help thinking how we needed a new plague, as I collided with the eighth person in less than two minutes. Apologizing profusely before making my way towards the counter, I wondered why we didn't decide to see this movie in my private movie hall at home.

Getting the movie tickets was nothing short of the Hunger Games. One of the two ticket counters in that theater was closed so everyone was almost clamoring on the lady behind the desk, who looked ready to cry at any given moment of time. As I came out of the hoard, panting and gasping as if I had just finished a ten-kilometer marathon, my ears caught a very melodious, very familiar voice.

"Oh my god Albus, if you ever want me to be your fake wife, let me know."

My body immediately reacted. It was like every nerve-ending of mine was on fire, just by looking at her face. My heartbeat thudded mutely in my ear. She looked so pretty in her simple attire. Black jeans were molded to her legs like a second skin and the grey hoodie gave her an amazing look. She was so perfect. I couldn't stop my legs from walking towards her.

"Are you kidding me? The only thing I had to do was buy you food?"

She should have told me if this was the case. What kind of food did she want? McDonalds? KFC? I will have to make a few calls for the takeover agreement to be drawn up, but it should be done before tomorrow afternoon. If by any chance she wants Subway, that can be arranged in less than an hour.

I couldn't help but stare at her as she turned around to face me hesitantly, which almost made me laugh. She looked like a deer caught in headlights. How adorable was that fact that her face tinged a bit red when she saw it was me.

"Hey there...Alexander."

"Alexander! Hey, long time no see." I shifted my gaze as I heard my name being spoken and focused on the red-head beside Zoey, whose name I had forgotten. I recognized her from when I had gone on the contractual date with Zoey, she was the one who urged her to come with me back then. She looked nice, but didn't hold a light to Zoey. I smiled at her politely, knowing that I was on her good side.

My eyes shifted to the person standing behind Zoey's friend, a male who looked to be a bit young. He was as tall as Marcus, which means just a couple of inches shorter than me. He was a bit muscular as well, but I definitely could win against him in a fight.

"Hi. What movie are you guys watching?" I asked the group, spotting Minnie and Marcus coming towards where I was standing, arguing about something amongst themselves. I bet my position in the company that the argument was something regarding snacks.

"Deadpool. What about you?" Zoey asked as she tucked in some of the strands of her hair behind her ear. We were here for the same movie then. A grin threatened to take over my face.

"Same." I nodded towards the hall we were standing in front of. It was hard to miss how shy Zoey became suddenly, her eyes looking everywhere but me.

"Are you here alone?" Zoey's friend asked just as Marcus and Minnie reached where we were standing, both of them busy in their own discussion, not noticing the trio in front.

"I told you we should go with the bucket size popcorn and not two medium sized ones. Are you stupid or do you not know how to calculate tax?" Minnie grumbled as she shifted on her feet, glaring at her brother.

"I am sure if we had gotten the bucket, your fat bum would have never shared. Getting two medium sized ones was the only way to make sure that Alex and I actually get something to eat during the movie."

"You know if you weren't holding the drinks, I would have judo-thrown you on the floor."

"You know if you weren't a glutton, we would have gotten the bucket." This was Marcus' epic comeback. I laughed although it was true. Minnie flipped him off with a dirty look before turning to look around at me, her steely eyes ready to commit a crime.

"Come on Alex--oh. Hi." Minnie suddenly turned awkward when she noticed Zoey and her friends staring at us, all of them barely able to hide their amusement at the duo. Minnie turned to look at me and I suddenly realized that I was supposed to be the one to make the introductions.

"This is Marcus and Minnie." I pointed to each of them as they balanced the tray on one hand while waving with the other. "My friends." I clarified as I saw the look on Zoey's face. 

---
I am asking mom to update as much I have written and edited :)
I would love to hear some thoughts on this or, hell, any random thing. Let's connect :)
-A